New Orleans Part One; The First Crawfish Boil


Anyone who is from Louisiana knows life doesn't get much  better than a crawfish boil.
You buy them live, keep them in a cooler until their ready to dump into the huge boiling spice bath and then devour every last morsel. 

These were the live ones before they went in. Once their cooked they turn bright red just like a lobster.


Our second day in New Orleans our dear, dear friends Ryan and Hannah had a crawfish boil for us. This is a HUGE honor folks. HUGE!!!!! 
I will never be able to thank them enough.

Ryan and my husband Milton grew up together in New Orleans and I don't think it's a coinsidence that he married a woman named Hannah who happens to be one of the most precious people on the planet to me. 

Ryan the Boil Master!!!! 
Look at the size of that pot!!!

The gorgeous couple expecting baby number two. Congrats love birds!

All cooked up and ready to suck dry. YUM. YUM. YUM.

Everybody Feasting!!!


Little Milton LOVED them! He's got that Southern blood in him.


Showing mommy how delicious they were. Cutie.


Oh Ginger....Ginger....Ginger


You are so unbelievably beautiful in my eyes.


As a family.......enjoying every moment with friends at this special occation


True Happiness is a huge tray of fresh crawfish


My girl Hannah.........Beautiful Soul that she is.....It breaks my heart we don't live closer!!!! 


Love you girl!


This is one of many posts from our New Orleans vacation. More coming right up!!! 


Pin It

17 comments:

stephanie said...

looks like so much fun! i've never had crawfish {even pre vegan days} but i've heard they're so good!! your kids look darling!

Tiffany said...

What a fun food adventure! I have never been a seafood eater really (I think I have had shrimp and rarely at that...) so I can't say I know what it tastes like, but it does look like you had fun. I can't wait to see the rest of your New Orleans pictures. I have always wanted to visit!

Lindsay said...

What a fun thing to do! You guys are the cutest!

mienkintoshfairie said...

They're going to eat my brain! Lol, those do look good...with some corn and potatoes ^_^ It must be nice to visit family

PoetessWug said...

Ooooo! YUM!...You have me longing for down home now too! :-)

SueAnn said...

Great pics...what fun you are having.
The crawfish look so yummy!!
Hugs
SueAnn

m&msmommy said...

Great pictures!!! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time and just seem SO happy! :)

CourtneyKeb said...

I'm jealous! I live down here, and we haven't even boiled yet this season. With the price their at now can't have them every weekend anymore. Boy do I want them right now at this very moment though!

jlag said...

Looks likes great time. Your pictures make me want to try crawfish.

Char said...

GORGEOUS family picture :) Looks like you had a great time. Your babies are Beautiful!! xox

Crack You Whip said...

Your boil looks so good! I am from Lafayette (YAY!) and I am so ready for some good crawfish. Waithing for them to get a a bit bigger as they have been small to medium lately and I am greedy when I eat!

Amber said...

holy moly, that is one big pot! That food looks sooooo good.

Stop by & enter my Vedette giveaway!

{Adventuresindinner} said...

So glad you had a great time. You deserve every moment of it C: gorgeous photos!

Val said...

Oh My Gosh...all that crawfish made me want to jump through the screen.

jenette or more commonly known as "j" said...

Oh wow!!! Not so much a seafood person, but this looks tempting!! :) Love the size of that pot!

Just the Two of US said...

I love love love crawfish! my fav!

Hannah said...

Awww!!! Love you too my sweet friend!! We had such a wonderful day with your family and I'm SO thrilled I finally got to kiss those sweet babies. We love you all so much and even though distance has us far apart, y'all are SO close in our hearts. Here is a poem that describes my love for you so perfectly. I thank God everyday for our friendship. :)

"I carry your heart with me. I carry it in
my heart. I am never without it. Anywhere
I go, you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling.

I fear no fate, for you are my fate, my sweet. I want
no world, for beautiful you are my world, my true.
And it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you.

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows.
Here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide.

And this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart.
I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart."

~E.E. Cummings~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...