New Orleans Vacation Recap

Well.......I think this will be my last post about our amazing trip to New Orleans.

This sign just pretty much sums it all up. The Southern hospitality is NO joke. 

So you darn right they got dat!!!!

 
Mother's

One of the oldest and most famous restaurants in New Orleans......however there are MANY!!!! 
I ate a biscuit that almost made me pass out and I would die one happy woman if I could ever even come close to figuring out how to whip that out.

You know how I feel about my hot pink jeans!! CAN"Y STOP WEARING THEM!!!!!! 


One of our all time favorite grocery stores in New Orleans....It's not just any Grocery store. They have fine wines......The most astonishing bakery EVER........and tons of cajun goodies that you cannot find anywhere else. LOVE THIS PLACE!!!! 
Ahhhhh...............Emeril's. You can never go wrong with Emeril's. We didn't eat there this trip but  m,y husband used to be a chef there.......It's one of New Orlean's finest!

A statue. 
A tribute those victims of hurricane Katrina......Those who lost their lives, their pets, their homes. It's emotional for us.


This is what you will find surrounding the city of New Orleans.......SWAMPS!!!!!!
Ahhhh.................The good old Mississippi river

This is a famous hot sauce Made in New Orleans that tends to be very difficult to find elsewhere so we bought to giant jars home with us!!!! This sign has been there forever but it;s been refurbished post Katrina!

The good thin about New Orleans is they really know how to eat. I mean REALLY!!!!! 

This is a Lake view Harbor cheeseburger with a loaded bakes potato. 

It was about 5 blocks from our house when we lived there. We had to stop in and get a burger. 


This is the house that My husband's father built many, many years ago. He inherited it and then we lost it to Katrina. It had 13 feet of water inside for 3 weeks. It had to be completely gutted from the ground up and rebuilt but looks very similar. 
It's always really sad for us to drive by it but especially hard this time because it's for sale again. WE WANTED TO BUY IT SO BAD!!!!! 
ughhhh.........heart ache

On a much lighter note....here is absolute fave ice cream and pastry shoppe in New Orleans. Homemade EVERYTHING! The ice cream and Cannoli's are too die for!!!!!!

 



Well.....that just about sums up our trip. We hadn't been on a vacation in years and we  hardly ever get to anything so this was an over the top special treat for us!!!! I am eternally grateful!!! 

Pin It

15 comments:

m&msmommy said...

Great pictures!!!!! That burger looks SOOOOOOOOOOO good! :)

I'm so happy that you all had such a great trip! You deserve it! :)

Christy said...

Ive never been there but it looks magnificent! I want hot pink jeans, you look adorable in them. Pink is my fav.

Amy and the City said...

I love those pink jeans! You are such a stylish lady!
That burger just looks too good to be true ;)
Amy xo

Nicole Cook said...

awesome photos! and look at all of that yummy food.... oh my gosh its making me hungry as i type this haha. it all looks delicious! PS. LOVE your hot pink pants!

PoetessWug said...

Thank you so much for taking us 'virtually' along with you to New Orleans! :-) I felt like I ate the best I have since leaving the south! ^_^

SueAnn said...

Loved the tour!! The food has me drooling!!!
Glad you had such a good time
Hugs
SueAnn

Amber said...

Noooooooooooooooo This was my response when I read that first sentence. lol I'm dying to get myself to New Orleans and I'm loving your posts especially from such an awesome native like yourself. Thanks girl.

Kenzie R. said...

Wow, what a great vacation! Love the pictures! The food looks so delicious, they really do know how to cook some great grub. So sorry to hear about the house, that has to be tough to deal with.

Glad you guys had such a great trip!

Susan said...

I'm thinking I want to go and just EAT my way through the whole place!!! You coming??

Tatiana said...

how fun! You guys look like you had a total blast. And I'm so glad you were able to get away for this much needed vacation. You deserve it!

{Adventuresindinner} said...

Amazing photos! So good to see you having so much fun. I think I need to eat my way through this city and soon. That tribute is just heartbreakingly beautiful.

Rachel @ My Happily Ever After said...

omg i swear i need rehab for my pink jeans. i went out with a friend last night who told me she was surprised that i wasn't wearing them. fail.

ps that burger looks like it's totally to. die. for.

Lindsay said...

SUCH great pics Hanna! What a fun trip! Miss you girly!

Stephanie said...

What a great vacation! I, too, can't stop wearing my hot pink jeans. I find myself looking for tops specifically to go with them just so I can make more and more outfits. You look great in yours!!

Ethan Smith said...

Buy & sell new and used iPhones.
Wide selection of new and used iPhones for sale.
More at used iphone 4 16gb

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...