Spring Florals with Marion Berry

Hi everyone!  
My name is Marion and I produce a style blog called Marionberry Style.  I was so excited when Hanna asked me to produce a post for when she is off running her half marathon (Go Hanna!!).  

Since my blog is all about current trends and mixing inexpensive finds with investment pieces, I thought I would pull together a style that incorporates one of Spring 2012's hottest trend: floral prints.  



But yes...it's still winter.  Especially here in Denver!  
So I am holding back on throwing on the pinks and pastel floral print in favor of darker hues.  




I found this skirt for $9 at Nordstrom Rack.  It has pockets.  For these two reasons I did a little happy dance in the aisle (insert husband eye-rolling here). 




To make this look season appropriate, I paired the floral skirt with cozy sweater tights, booties and a cashmere top.  I felt like I was wearing pajamas 
(except for the whole 4-inch heel part).




Skirt - Lily White 
Cashmere Sweater - Moda International
Bag - Marc by Marc Jacobs
Sweater Tights - Hue (Purchase HERE)
Shoes - Via Spiga (Similar HERE)
Necklace - Vintage
Earrings - Nordstrom

So embrace the Spring's floral trend a little early!  Just be sure to keep the color scheme a little on the darker side, at least until mother nature starts to give us the thumbs up to break out the pinks and peaches.  

1) Delias - Purchase HERE
2) TopShop - Purchase HERE
3) Alice and Olivia - Purchase HERE
4) J.Crew - Purchase HERE


What do you think about wearing floral prints in Winter?

Thanks Hanna so much for having me!!  Can't wait to hear about your race.

XO - Marion





8 comments:

Tara St said...

I just found you via Marion's blog. I love incorporating florals into my wardrobe early this season. I have my eye on that J. Crew skirt and I am waiting patiently for it to hit sale.

Tara

Tara
Penniless Socialite

Susan said...

Best of luck Hanna!! xo

Marion said...

Thanks so much for having me Hanna! I hope you are having an incredible getaway! Can't wait to hear all about it!
XO - Marion

Tiffany said...

Go Hanna! And Marion, nice! I don't know exactly how I feel about the florals yet, but it looks good on you, to be sure!

Amber said...

what a fantastic look!

stephanie said...

love that skirt!!! so cute.

Annie said...

Loving that printed skirt - looks great with the black :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

REBrown said...

I love that skirt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...