Closer

Over the past month something happened.........a really beautiful thing happened.

I was stuck with cupid's arrow all over again!!!! 

I fell deeper in love with my husband which I didn't know was possible after 10 years but it is.
 

All of a sudden I found myself looking at him with incredible adoration......trying to spend every waking moment by his side......wanting to do everything together.




My husband and I were friends for 7 years years before we started dating, dated for 5 years before we got married and have been married for 5 years......that's a lot of years.


So what changed?

simple


watching him with my children.
 
He is patient
He is loving
He is gentle
He is kind

He is everything I would ever want for my precious babies.
He kisses thier boo boo's
Changes their diapers
Tells my daughter how absolutely beautiful she is a millioin times a day
He tells my son how proud he of him he is a million times a day
He teaches them important lessons
He lets them play outside instead of putting them in front of the TV
He makes forts and rolls areound on the ground with them
He is the best father I could have ever asked for
 

My husband lost his job a few weeks before Christmas and has been the primary care taker of our children ever since.
 
  When I watch him with children my love for him grows beyond measure.
I watch his face light up with delight when little Milton learned to spell his name or Ginger says a new word.
 
 




 Suddenly they have become his whole world just like they have been mine all along!!!! This is something you don't fully experience until you are the primary caregiver and I am so grateful he is getting this opportunity.

 
When I watch him with those kids,  I know in my heart he loves them just as much as I do and it makes me the happiest woman in the world.
 


I've never loved anything more than my children in my life and to watch someone else have that same kind of love for them astounds me, amazes me, fills me with joy.

I knew 100% when I married that man that I would be with him until death parted us but I never knew the depths of love that the relationship would take over time.





We are truly partners. Partners as parents, partners in life, partners in every single thing we do and I love that. 
 
 
I love him.
 
BLESSED!!!!!


I want to be close to him,
 I want to talk to him,
listen to his stories,
hear about his day,
hear about his music even if Ihave no idea what he's talking about,
 snuggle with him,
laugh at his jokes,
have more of his babies.





 
I just want to sit and study his face that I have already memorized so well..........just watch him..........look at him....listen to him play with our kids from the other room. 




I miss him when I work........I miss him when I run.........I miss him at night when I go to bed early because I'm too tired to stay up.
 
Having 2 babies 14 months apart is no easy feat. I mean it's rough on all levels including on a relationship. There's no time for yourself, let alone your partner!!!

So now that Ginger is one, things are getting so much easier and I am really enjoying getting to spend a little time with my husband who I love so much. We actually get to watch half a movie together in the evening or just sit and chat after the kids have gone to bed. It's wonderful! 






 I respect him.
 
He is so creative and talented. The passion he has for what he does amazes me. I've never seen anything like it.
 
When I watch him play I get butterflies in my stomach........How could someone be so passionate about something? He amazes me. Just look at him play! 

He's amazing!!!!
 
I am so proud to be his wife! 






I don't know how I got so lucky to have found someone who fits so perfectly into my life and loves our children as much as I do. I ask myself that everyday.
 
What did I do to deserve this? 

And I will never know but I do know I am the most grateful person in the entire world.

 EVERY SINGLE DAY, I am grateful.
 
We don't have much and we struggle beyond believe but I have a husband who loves me with all his heart and mine his.
We support each other in our life goals and we love our children unconditionally. God is so good.
 
I could never ask for anything more
 Thank you 


The outside of one of my husband's friends homes in New Orleans! 
Pin It












26 comments:

Amber said...

This is so sweet. You really do have a beautiful marriage. Gosh those babies are adorable!

Cat J B said...

What a beautiful tribute to your man. You are so lucky to have each other, what a wonderful 'thing' to have in your life, a relationship like you do. Love those drumming photos!

Whitney @ Everything Happens For a Reason said...

You look like you have such a wonderful family :)

Brittney - The Luycx's said...

So sweet!! I don't have kids, but every once in a while I find myself still looking at my Husband in complete disbelief that he is mine. It's nice to be so blessed to have the partner God meant for me!

Becky @ Petals Lace and Pearls said...

beautiful! Sweetest thing ever! I know, I have been with my husband for 13 years, married for 6, and our love grows stronger every day...I didn't think it was possible. But it SO is. And seeing him with our daughter just melts. my. heart.!
Great post mama!
Made me smile!

Tiffany said...

Beautiful!

Jen@ADropintheBucket said...

SO very sweet. You are lucky to have such a good man! :-)

Kristina said...

What a lovely post. He sounds like a wonderful husband and great daddy. YOu are lucky to have a great guy and he is lucky to have you love and appreciate him!

Kenzie R. said...

What a beautiful post! I teared up reading this :) You two are so wonderful together, and so lucky to have each other.

Susan said...

He sounds just amazing! You are one lucky gal! xo

SueAnn said...

Wonderful tribute to the man you love.
Hugs
SUeAnn

Kristin said...

What a splendid post. Actually got me a little choked up...this is how I feel about my love as well. He gets a little annoyed when I just gaze at him. LOL.

My story is kinda interesting, I've known my husband since I was 13...but my family kept us apart (yes, like a Romeo & Juliet thing -- although it's more like the Jets & the Sharks LOL). We wound up with other people, who we didn't love...and then 19 years later, when we both wound up divorced and were reunited...we've been inseparable ever since.

A story that is so special and ends so wonderfully is actually a source of one of the great sadnesses in my life as well, as we can't have children together. It's a great heartache for me...but I am with my love, so that's really what matters.

XOXO
Kristin

Amber said...

this was such a sweet post. You are both lucky to have each other.

{Adventuresindinner} said...

So lovely, it's amazing how often you look at your partner and go...he's the one-all over again.

Kristen, don't lose heart. We were told no children either and are now parents to a lovely and lively two year old.

Lindsay said...

What a beautiful tribute! You are so blessed Hanna!

Mami said...

You know what is going on Hanna?
When you love and accept yourself, your heart opens and you love like you never did before!
So happy 4 u!

Mindie Hilton said...

Congrats on the marathon you rock. I loved this post to. I know how you feel. My husband and I have been together since 1997, and I know I love him but last week he was out of town all week, and it's then I realize how much I miss the little things like snuggling in bed or coffee before the kids are up. We both are blessed to have found our true loves, not everyone does.
I stopped by to let you know that I just secs ago posted the preview for the contest you are sponsoring at Bacon Time. Here is the link and thanks again beautiful lady.
http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2012/03/spring-battle-of-cookers-and-crafters.html

stephanie said...

love this hanna! you two are SO stinking cute!!!

mienkintoshfairie said...

I actually got teary eyed reading your tribute! You are an amazing person and wife, mother, blogger. It looks like you are not the only one in this relationship wearing a cape- you're both Super!

Char said...

You are one loving woman. Sounds like you fell in love with the perfect man, and he looks to be as much in love with you as you are with him :) Love is wonderful!

Rachel @ My Happily Ever After said...

awww that is just about the cutest thing everrrr!

Adina said...

I started to feel this way the last couple months and I feel that its primarily because I have chosen to surround myself with other couples who are also head over heels. when you are with like minded people its contagious. I no longer have friends who are not devoted to their spouses and it seems to has re-lit something in me with my husband too. I love it! and there is nothing sexier than wactching my husband be a father to our girls! :-))
-Adina

lovejoy_31 said...

beautiful post Hanna! Isn't it amazing to be able to feel this way about a man that many years into a relationship???

Breathe, Smile, Learn said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

Melissa W. said...

Oh my...

How completely perfect.

I love that you wrote this...

I felt like I was reading something I wrote about my husband - I feel almost the same exact feeling you feel - I know exactly.

THank you for sharing this. It's sooooo perfect.

Amy said...

This post is so so sweet :) It is so reassuring to read about a happy, healthy and loving relationship! You and your husband are too adoreable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...