Family Fun



My time with the family is so few and far between that we really try to make every moment count, going on walks, going to the park daily, eating every meal together and doing EXTRA SPECIAL fun things like going to the tiny carnival in the mall parking lot. Yes, too expensive and filled with germs but priceless for the kids wide little eyes. 

This was yesterday after I managed a few hours sleep an hour and a half workout after my night shift. 

SO FUN!!!!!! 

God, I love my family! 



Milton III and Milton IV

Just in case you all didn't know we have 4th generation Milton's here

When I first woke up my beautiful family surprised me with an early birthday gift. A tinsey, tiny iPod that I can run with instead of lugging my gigantic iPhone that doesn't work as a phone or hardly as an iPod either. It's the one who broke in the middle of my half marathon last weekend. BOO!!!  Plus it's HUGE when I have to stuff it in my sports bra and run 20+ miles. 

SO HAPPY!!!! and so grateful for a wonderful family who supports me in all my crazyness!!! 


I even managed to get in an hour and a half workout yesterday. I did 60 minuets on the elliptical which I was not happy about. Somehow once your a runner, nothing else compares. I just couldn't get the workout I wanted. I had it on resistance 8 with variable elevation for an hour and I was pounding that thing like nobody's buisness. I only burned 650 calories and didn't feel like I got a real workout at all. When I run I usually burn 800-2000 calories easy!  
Next time I'll try an elliptical/bike combo or a spin class. 

HAPPY WEEKEND FRIENDS!!!!!

Hope it's beautiful!!! 

bits of splendor monday




Pin It

10 comments:

Melissa Bo said...

Great photos! Looks like everyone had a great time!

Happy early birthday! =)

Cara said...

Ahhh cuteness overload :). I'm going to be taking my son to our local 'shows' (fair) tomorrow for the first time and I'm so excited! So glad to see these photos and that your kids seemed to enjoy the rides!

Happy Birthday when it comes :D

Char said...

Love the family pics! Happy early Birthday to you! Funny how once you've gone the distance (running, races, etc) a simple thing like an elliptical is useless. You rock!!

Laura@Splendor said...

Such cute family and love the pics! Definitely try a spin class. You burn more calories in a spin class then any other exercise! I feel the same way--after doing spin, no other workout {besides running} compares.

simply megan. said...

Awwww what a great time!!! Hold on to those memories they fly by!

Katie said...

I'm so glad you got to have some fun with your family!!! You're so busy! I know exactly how you feel about the elliptical. It is just not the same. I think you would love taking a spin class. It's intense!

Lindsay said...

You guys are beyond precious. LOVE!

Heather @ we.are.the.holdens said...

You are the cutest. Looks like you a had a blast too riding those rides. Happy birthday and yay for new ipods....that's sweeeet.:)

REBrown said...

Looks like a fun day!

Jamie Campbell said...

I am the same way!!! the elliptical just doesn't compare.

so glad you had family fun time! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...