Spring Training. 20 miles

Well......I did......I completed my LONGEST training run before the marathon. Now the tapering begins! Hallelujah!!!! 

4:30 AM HER I AM!!!! 

Trying to gag down 2 cliff bars at the crack of dawn. Not my favorite but totally necessary! 

Last week after my 18 mile run I strarted to devlop a bit on a shin splint in my right leg. DRAT!!! I have remained injury free for 6 months but Oh well.    It really didn't seem to affect me too much.

I did 20 miles in 3 hours and 11 minuets. 9.36 min/mile average pace! AWESOME!!! 

At miles 14 and 15 at the peek of my runners high I decided to do two miles of Boston Marathon pace just for fun. That's 8.30 min/mile!  
Slow finish but had hills on mile 19 and 20 so I was beat by then. 


I usually start refueling on mile 10 and then every 3-5 miles after that. I always use GU energy gels. I stick to vanilla and chocolate. All the berry flavors make me ill along with any of the wacky ones so I keep it simple. 


Me after the 20 mile run. I'm pooped. I hobbled into the shower and onto the couch shortly after this.


Now doing a little RICE
R: rest
I: ice
C: compression 
E: elevation.

Best treatment for minor leg injuries! 

Off to the grocery in my fave new Running T! 

LUNCH!!! Salad and chocolate milk. PERFECT!

Marathon is 3 weeks away and I now I got this in the bag. Oh and my wonderful friend Anna is making me a custom running skirt for the marathon! I can't wait to show to you all. It's crazy gorgeous!!! Here's a sneek peek!!! 




bits of splendor monday


Pin It

20 comments:

Britt @ The Magnolia Pair said...

That is awesome! Go YOU! You have so much more motivation and courage than I ever would. What an accomplishment. You look awesome!

m&msmommy said...

Wow! That's really all I can say, because I probably couldn't walk a mile ;) so the fact that you can run 20 is just amazing! You're awesome!!! :)

Laura Jennings said...

Fantastic job!

Tiffany said...

Holy cow, Girl! I am proud of myself if I run three MINUTES straight, let alone three HOURS??? WOW. Mad props, my friend, mad props!

fancy nancy said...

Great job!!! You are so ready to taper!! How fun that you get a custom skirt! I can't wait to see it!!

{[Jessica]} said...

you look great!!!

xoxo
Jessica

Lisa @ MMT said...

You are amazing! Seriously, thank you for the motivation to get my butt running again! I miss it so much! Tomorrow is day one for me :)

Lindsay said...

Not only can you RUN but you look CUTE doing it! :)

Sheila Lynn said...

That's awesome! Congrats on the run!!!! You must be so pumped & feel so good about yourself for accomplishing this! I have been meaning to get back into running and want to do a half marathon soon. It's just a matter of 'doing' instead of 'saying' : )

Mindee and Austin said...

hanna when i read about your amazing running skills and motivation i get a big smile on my face! you are just amazing woman!

Brittney - The Luycx's said...

I'm jealous!! I would love to have the determination you do!!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

So awesome Hanna! Such a inspiration!

Kristina said...

You are a huge inspiration! I went hiking with family on the weekend and told everyone about your story and how much it has inspired me to get back on the weight loss bandwagon.

Gail @ Sophisticated Steps said...

I can't even wrap my mind around running 20 miles. I don't even like to DRIVE 20 miles. Lol.

You're doing a fantastic job. Keep it up!

Katie said...

Awesome Hanna!!! You DO totally have this in the bag! You're going to do awesome!!! I wonder if crossing the finish line will be a little like giving birth? You'll have to let us know :)

Christy said...

Wooty woot!! Excellent job!!!!! And beware of the taper. It is crappy. I miss long runs tho my shin doesn't. Tapering is sooooo boring. lol. Here's to 26.2 miles!

Val said...

Beyond awesome. I'm so proud of you.

SueAnn Lommler said...

Congrats!! That is super....I always wondered about those gels??? Do they taste good??
Looking great hun!
Hope that shin splint goes away!!!
Hugs
SueAnn

jenette or more commonly known as "j" said...

LOVE the photo with your little helper treating your injury :) CUTE!! You are sooooo motivated and well spirited and look great at 4h30 in the morning! FANTASTIC :) I love it! And your running T - I WANT!

Rachel @ My Happily Ever After said...

you are such a rock star :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...