Here's to New Beginings


My work week is over! 
Hallelujah!!!! 


I've decided to keep my blog and just do what I can time permitting! Thanks for all your advice and comments on that!

The last month has been a real struggle for me for I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Only 2 more weeks on the night shift! 

I think I underestimated how much not running would mentally and emotionally affect me. 
Honestly it had become my lifeline. Every time I was sad or stressed or anxious or just felt yucky, I could just hit the road and it would magically disappear. It has really afffected me not being able to run for so long. 

I tried to make an appointment with the sports medicine doc for my leg but the appointment times were so far out that my leg will be healed by then regaurldess of what type of injury I have. 

I think 2 more weeks and I'll be good to start up again very slow and cautious.
I cannot wait! 

In the mean time I have also started swimming. I swam 3/4 of a mile one day last week and liked it. It took me a while get into the groove of it but then it was relaxing! I didn't quiet feel it was THAT great of a workout but a good mild day at the gym I think! I'm going to try to keep it up one day a week! 

My birthday is on Saturday so I am looking forward to a fun day with the family! 


I don't miss my facebook page believe it or not and I am loving my spin classes. 


That's all for now. I'm off to bed super early so I can get tons of stuff done hte next few days. See you soon! 





Halter: Jcrew
Capri's: Citizen's of Humanity
Sandals: Cork Ease


Pin It

15 comments:

Britt @ The Magnolia Pair said...

LUCKY ! I am dreading work tomorrow ! Wish we could trade places :D

Mendi said...

I'm so glad you decided to continue the blog! You are absolutely right when you talk about the release that running gives. A couple of years ago I injured my foot and the doctor told me that I needed to give my foot a rest (it was about 3 weeks before I was supposed to run a half marathon) and recommended that I try spinning. While spinning was a great workout, it was the never the same stress relief for me.

Marina {Yummy Mummy) said...

Enjoy your weekend!!! You deserve it :)

Melynda said...

Now that you have decided to continue blogging, I will give my advice (for what it is worth). Blogging must be fun, I too lost followers when I had to slow down to marry and buy the house, as one can only do so much. I had also thought I could build up the blog so that at retirement I could earn a few dollars from it. I now know this will not happen, as I MUST work and blogging as a hobby takes up a fair amount of time, which leads me to my point. It must be for you or it just does not matter, there simple and true. So not I have no agenda and I blog about what I want that I am doing right now, and that is what I share. Since it is for me, it does not matter if followers do not stay and I mean no disrespect in that statement. So relax and have a good time in what you do. Take care,
Melynda from Moms Sunday Cafe.

Yo Momma Runs said...

Ahhh, sigh of relief that work is done! I agree that blogging should be fun, but I know (for myself) that it's easy to set unrealistic standards like we have to post every day or have to have certain types of posts. I like Melynda's advice to do it for you instead of doing it to please the e-people. Sometimes it's like running when you are burned out from a training plan, just taking a couple days off puts things back into perspective. And I'm impressed you got rid of FB!

SueAnn Lommler said...

Swimming sounds fun...and I am going to try and find a spinning class. Sounds fun
Hugs
SueAnn

m&msmommy said...

LOVE your shirt! Super cute! :)

Happy (early) Birthday! Have a great weekend! :)

Rita and John said...

So happy to hear you're keeping up the blog! And have a wonderful birthday!

The Balch Bunch said...

You are too cute... love your top!

Have a GREAT weekend girl!

jenette said...

Looking good!

Jane Craske said...

Happy, almost end of the nightshifts. They just totally mess with your head, don't they. VERY glad that you aren't giving up blogging. Just do it when you can, swim whenever possible and hug those babies.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon C:

Susan said...

You look so cute!! And happy. Really happy.
I started hot yoga classes a couple of weeks ago. Feeling so good!

Lindsay said...

You cant give up blogging...we love you too much :) Hang in there girl!

Melissa said...

You look great!

Happy Birthday! have a wonderful weekend and keep smiling! =)

Christy said...

Holy fetch, I can't imagine swimming 3/4 mile.

Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...