Juneathon......I'm So In


UPDATE:
So, I went to the orthopedic doc this morning. He did an X-ray and it was clean!!!! 

NO STRESS FRACTURE!!!!!!!!!! 

People, this is HUGE really big, extra exciting news!!!! Yes, there is definitely still something wrong with me but at least my leg isn't broken. 
I;m so grateful!
So, in 2 weeks I'm going for a bone scan to determine exactly what is wrong with my leg. Basically it's a test where they inject you with some nasty radioactive dye and then scan your legs and wherever the inflammation is, lights up, and the doc can see the pattern and blood flow. So, I am excited to find out what is wrong so I can get on with fixing it.

However, in the meantime he said keep on R.I.C.E.ing and he said it was fine for me to spin, swim and do the elliptical so I'm happy with that! 

So for now this is still my leg strapped with ice packs every day but I am very hopeful now that I know it's not broken!!! 



SOOOOOOOOOOOO....................On to JUNEATHON!!!!!!



My bloggy, runner  friend Christy from {The Buhrs}hipped me to this awesome challenge Juneathon. As soon as I heard about it, I knew I HAD to do it. 

It's the perfect thing to keep me motivated while I can't run. It's going to keep me motivated all month and probably will drive all of you INSANE and I'm sure you'll be so sick and tired of me by the end of the month but I gotta do it!!! 

So, the deal is, you work out every single day the entire month and blog about it everyday. Even though I can't run yet, I will cram in as many other work out's as I can. I'm excited. 

Here are the rules.

THE RULES OF JUNEATHON

Rules? We prefer to think of them as guidelines.

Juneathon is, after all, (to quote Highway Kind) 'an annual festival of activity and excuses', so there aren't really any rules as such, but, it's nice to have a few guidelines.
So here they are:
Run or do some form of exercise every day.
Blog about it within 24 hours.
Join the Juneathon group at the Running Free website and log your runs/exercise.
Visit other blogs and leave comments, giving your support.
Link to the Juneathon website and display the 'Juneathon Participant' logo (above).
And that's about it really. Simple, huh?



I totally don't have time for this but I don't care I'm doing it anyway. I think it's a great way to keep motivated and fun too!!!! 

So yes, I will be posting every single day about my workouts the entire month of June! Hope I don't drive you bonkers:)

So, anybody else want to take the challenge and get into kick butt shape with me and Christy?





Pin It

11 comments:

LolitaRose said...

YAYYYY!! So happy that your leg isn't really broken & that you'll have answers soon :) That Juneathon sounds interesting...but I know that I have far too much going on in June already to keep up with it.

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

You are such an inspiration!! You go girl!

Kristen Alexis said...

ahhh....i might have to join you. this might motivate me to get up and actually run or exercise everyday! lets do this!!!

erin.nicole said...

I'm doing it! I'm in the injury boat with you so it will definitely be a challenge! My post about it is going up this weekend!

Jane Craske said...

Fantastic! That is just the best news. I'm going to have to seriously think of doing this. MUST step up my game.

Christy said...

Happy day!! SO glad it's not a stress fracture. Hopefully you're up and running in no time. Can't wait to comment on your blog every single day during June. lol

Lindsay said...

I love your ambition girl. NOTHING stops you!

Katie said...

So glad your leg is not broken! I'm actually excited for Juneathon! I love hearing about other people's workouts... it's really motivating!

Char said...

This is the motivation I need, however the blogging part will be tough. I will do my best!! LOVE to see all your posts!!

Heather said...

I'm so looking forward to your June posts! This is a great idea. After two weeks of vacation and only running ONCE the whole time--I'm so in! I don't have a blog to post on so I hope I'm still allowed, haha.

Jamie Campbell said...

YAY! Looking forward to it. I'm glad its not a stress fracture... those are no bueno. I should know!

:) Hey, maybe I'll meet you in December in Vegas for the marathon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...