Moving Forward


NEWS:
I had my last "test" run today and my shin had pain so the marathon for Sunday is officially off! 

SAD? HEARTBROKEN? DISAPPOINTED?

Yes. Yes. and Yes.



MOVING FORWARD????

shouting from the roof tops 

YES!!!!!



I ran 1.66 miles, my shin hurt, I could tell it was getting worse just with that short amount of mileage so I walked home and cried the whole way! 

I needed to. I trained 6 long, hard months in the 15 degree weather and 80 degree weather. I trained though stress, anxiety, exhaustion and fatigue and I LO*V*E*D every second of it.

To have it all come to a screeching halt is devastating and expected. 


I had my cry. 
I felt the disappointment HARD and now I'm moving forward! 


8:30 am tomorrow SPIN CLASS!!!!!! 
 and core workout!!!! 

I'm going to hit it HARD!!!!!



POSITIVE. POSITIVE. POSITIVE. 

God has a plan for me and right now I don;t really like it much but there's always a plan.

Maybe I'll get in such great shape I'll qualify for Boston on my first marathon. You NEVER KNOW!!! 
But I do know there is a plan! 


Mark my words

I WILL RUN A MARATHON and I will achieve that life long goal probably even stronger and faster than I am now! 

I WILL RUN A MARATHON AND I WILL QUALIFY FOR BOSTON!!!!! 

Next Marathon I'm signing up for in October 21st, Albuquerque NM! 

If that one goes off without a hitch then it's on to Las Vegas Rock n' Roll series December 2nd hopefully with my blogger buddy {CHRISTY}





GOD NEVER GIVES US MORE THAN WE CAN HANDLE!!!! 

I guess I needed a little more of a challenge. 

Hey, I'll take it an be grateful!!! 
Pin It

15 comments:

Christy said...

I love your positive attitude!! Did you get my DM comment?

I have an Arizona hot (thus treadmill filled) training of a summer ahead, but I'm looking forward to fall!!

curiouscovetous said...

I'm so sorry about your injury friend! But the time will fly and you'll be doing your next marathon in no time!! xo

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

I can tell you are definitely going to run that marathon one day!! Nothing is going to stop you!! Great attitude!

Lindsay said...

LOVE this outfit! Praying for you girl!

Marion said...

I'm so sorry Hanna. I love your positive outlook....but it has got to be disappointing. And that is okay. I know that with your drive + work ethic you will make it some day to that starting line. And it'll be all that much sweeter because of this struggle.
Big hug girl...
XO - Marion

Marina {Yummy Mummy) said...

I was just coming to check on you before the race. I'm so sorry about your shin :( I'm glad you got your big cry out and can move on, get better, and get back to running when you're ready. xo
P.S. I am obsessed with those pants. So cute.

SueAnn Lommler said...

Amen girl!! There is definitely a plan and you are in the middle of it.
Looking fab as always hun!!
Hugs
SueAnn

tiarenie said...

"God never gives us more than we can handle" - i love this! thank you for your positivity on my dreary morning :)

fancy nancy said...

You're right He never does! I'm sorry to hear about the marathon! I know how hard you've been training! You're going to come back strong and rock your marathon!!! I know you will!

Susan Liberatore said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Hanna. It just wasn't meant to be and maybe, it's so you can get rested up and healed for Boston!
Second last photo :: all you need is one of the J.Lo fan machines. Va va voom!
Love the look. Hugs and Happy Weekend.

Amber said...

Okay, I've never met you but I'm seriously so proud of you. You've seriously kicked some running miles and I know you'll eventually qualify and run the Boston marathon. But I'm even more proud of you for realizing you shouldn't run this marathon. I'm always trying to stayed tuned into my body and what it's telling me. You're a smart runner for it. :) You're awesome girl!

Karm said...

I am glad you are positive!! I know you will do it all.

Mindee and Austin said...

hanna im so sorry to hear this news!! but you have such a great attitude, i believe that you will run it one day, sooner than you think! stupid shin splints, arggh!

Laura said...

Lovely blog with so many interesting and inspiring posts! Love your work:) Would you like to follow each other?

Katie said...

I'm so sorry it didn't work out Hanna! I believe 150% that you will indeed run a marathon. You are so determined! I can't wait to see the pictures of you crossing the finishing line in October :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...