My Glass is Half Full

I worked my last night shift on Tuesday evening! 

Ever since I have been a nurse I have worked nights and I have always disliked it! 
Yes, it's more money but I finally realized that my sanity is just not worth it. I always felt so fragile, emotional, on edge and just plain exhausted when I was working nights. My poor husband and family!!!! 
Some people do really well on nights but I just can't sleep during the day and on my days off I am up at 6am and in bed at 9pm so it just didn't fit my lifestyle at all. 

Anyhow I am SO grateful to be finished with that.

Now I've got 5 days off to enjoy my family and start off Juneathon with a BANG!!!!! 


Last night we actually had 2 friends over for dinner for the first time since Ginger was born! HOLY COW! That's 16 months!!!! I told you I never see any of my friends. We had a great time! 


Today we are going on a picnic with the kids. I'm so excited. It's a gorgeous day. I'll have photos of that coming!!!! 


I love this outfit! It's so simple and so me!!! 

I think seer sucker might be my all time favorite fabric!!!

 I L*O*V*E it!!!!!! 

PERFECT summertime style!!! 

So today my friends my glass is half full. 

I feel grateful, loved, and hopeful!!!!! 

HOPE YOU DO TOO!!!!!






Tank and Seer sucker Shorts: Jcrew
Sandals: Micheal Kors
Headband: BIC bands


Pin It

8 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

Congrats on being able to revise your schedule. My friend's a nurse and made the same change you did. She also said the extra money wasn't worth the stretch. BTW, love those seer sucker shorts. Going to the mall Monday. Will stop by JCrew. Thanks!

Elisha(: said...

I love your calligraphy!!

x.

Jamie Campbell said...

Awesome! I bet you feel great. :) I can tell by your smile!

I'm going to have to check out this Juneathon!

Christy said...

You look great, and I'm so glad you are done with that night shift. Your family is lucky to have you!

Great post! I'm feeling stressed so it was a nice pick me up. And Juneathon starts tomorrow and today I woke up with shin pain. Never ending cycle. Maybe I need to take July off (heavens no). Can't wait for you to start back at it someday hopefully soon!

Lindsay said...

LOVING those capris on you! Hope you have a great weekend xo

Katie said...

Congratulations Hanna! I can't imagine what working nights had to be like. I don't think I could do it. I'm so happy things are going so well for you :)

Beth Ann said...

I am SO HAPPY to hear that you are going to dayshift. My best friend made that switch recently and even though it is less money, SHE LOVES IT, because her days off are truly productive, quality days off. Money is definitely not everything! So glad that you had friends over as well. This is what life is all about! :)

Susan Liberatore said...

I am in LOVE with those shorts. The fabric and the cut...length, everything.
Must pick up a pair!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...