He Plays the Drums






Sunday night my husband had a special gig at a brewery here in town!!! 

It was the second annual craw fish boil which is pretty rare in these parts. 

So, my very talented hubby being from New Orleans brought his groovin' funk band to light up the evening!!! 


When we were dating and first married, I used to go to EVERY and I mean EVERY gig of my husband's. 

Well, obviously things changed dramatically after having 2 babies a year apart, but on this night my mom decided to come along and help out so we could all go. 

It was wonderful!! 



Of course I had just been at the gym working out for 2 hours STRAIGHT so I was a hot mess and didn't have time to shower so I think I did pretty darn good considering. 

A lot of makeup and hairspray will so the trick!!!! 
This is what I wore!!! 


Somehow, being married to a musician who actively gigs is a little intimidating. 

I don't mean I'm intimidated by him but the people who know him and the audience members have a certain idea of what they think a "rock star's" wife is supposed to look like.

I know this sounds TOTALLY freakin ridiculous but I'm very serious. I'm always careful not to look like a total wreck whenever I go to his shows. 

I feel like there is a certain responsibility to look appropriately cute for his business sake. It's sort of like everyone is pointing you out going, "oh, that's the drummer's wife"! 

Call me crazy but if any of you other women have musician husbands or boyfriends, 

do you feel the same way????




Dress: Gap
Headband: BIC Bands


Pin It

8 comments:

Elisha(: said...

You look fab!!

x.

Susan said...

Eeeek! You're so cute.
And there is nothing like a man in a band. Just sayin'

Tiffany said...

First of all, you look GREAT! And I totally get where you are coming from, even though my husband only plays at church, it is the same thing. People are aware of who you are... or think they are. One girl came to me and asked, "Oh, you come here because you have a crush on one of the guys in the band, huh?" I just smiled a little and said, "Yeah, that's what brings me to church every weekend. See that drummer? He's pretty hot. Lucky for me, he's my husband." :) Happy you got to spend some time watching him flex his super-drumming-skills muscles!

Lindsay said...

I need to come to NM and go to a concert with you! HOW FUN!

jenette said...

You look so great! Love those headbands! Think I gotta invest in a few :) haha!

Lorrie said...

I ordered my first Bic Band yesterday! I'm so excited for it to get here. Thanks for sharing about them and making them look so darn cute!

Amber said...

You are beautiful! You certainly don't look like a hot mess!

Christy said...

You look cute! There is no hope for me after a workout unless I wash my (already drenched) hair. lol

Juneathon... you know you wanna...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...