Planning For the Future



Ever since the marathon was called off all I can think about is how I'm going to get into kick a$$ shape in 6 weeks before I start training again. 

I headed off to spin class this morning and got my morning butt whooping. Loved every second! 

I figure I'll do 2 spinning classes in one day once a week to try and get 2 hours of cardio in to simulate long runs (Thanks Yo Mamma Runs for this tip). I know this seems crazy but.........

You have to remember on my long runs I was running for 3 hours sometimes with my heart rate between 120 and 170. So it's really hard to keep up with if I can't run.


On the days I don't do 2 doing classes I'll show up an hour early and do the elliptical for an hour before class starts! 


I'm going to head to the sports store today and buy a medicine ball and yoga ball so I can get my core in check. I love doing crunches on the yoga ball. Ohhhh.......It's burns like a mother!!! 

It's such an awesome workout. and the medicine ball too. It really works the obliques!!! 


CORE STRENGTH!!! 

YES!!!!! 




Also planning to walk 3 miles in the  mornings with my hubby and the kids to the park. Also a great steady calorie burner! 




And this is how I have been looking 24 hours a day 7 days a week for the past 2 weeks and probably for the next 2 months! 

R.I.C.E.
(rest. ice. compression. elevation)




PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE!!!!!

Next Marathon will be Duke City Marathon on October 21st!!!! 





Here's how the course plays out!!! MUCH easier than the one I was supposed to run on Sunday so lets set a new goal while we're at it!!! 

NEW GOAL!!!!
Sub 4 hour marathon for this one!!!! COME ON!!!!!




I'm PUMPED...........just in case that wasn't obnauctiously evident!
Maybe someday soon I'll stop obsessing about marathons and running but highly doubtful;) 

Have a wonderful weekend my friends. I know I will. My wonderful mama bought me a family year long membership to the local gym and we're taking the kids swimming! 

Sending love and light to all of you!!!!
Pin It

5 comments:

LolitaRose said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you - and now that you have six months extra to train I KNOW you'll be in the best, most tip top shape ever to run it, and run it well!! Way to go lady <3 (Plus that outfit is ridiculously adorable)

Yo Momma Runs said...

And I love your red shoes!

Lindsay said...

Your such a natural beauty. xoxo

Kristina said...

You can do it!!!! So inspiring!

Rachel @ My Happily Ever After said...

omg spin is the best...you're so inspirational...i think i'm going to go to class tonight!

ps sorry for the inflow of all of the comments...i'm finally catching up and reading everything backwards!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...