8 weeks. Ups and Downs.


"For a long time it seamed to me that life was about to begin........real life, but there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first , some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid.

Then life could begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life." 
~ fr.-Alfred d'sousa

I wanted to share that thought fragment with you because it really touched me. All these"problems" that I seemingly have in front of me to "deal" with are my life and I need to remember to be grateful for them regardless of what they are. I am grateful to have a life of any kind.


8 WEEKS MAYBE?

So far my pregnancy has been a lot of ups and downs. 

I had my first appointment last week and they didn't listen for the baby or anything because it's too Early but when she felt inside she thought I felt much farther along than 7 weeks. 
I also have thought I have felt the baby move at least 3 times which shouldn't be happening until week 15 or 16 so???: 

Weird. 


SO far I am fine one day and TOTALLY NOT FINE the next! 

The insomnia is already a regular thing. Every night between 2 and 4 am I get up for a couple hours. I know this will only worsen as this was my worst symptom with both other pregnancies. 

However, the morning sickness is VERY unpredictable. One day I get up and go spinning for an hour and do a great workout and feel totally fine. I'm usually starving everyday.

But then, there are days like yesterday where I started throwing up around 1 am, it continued into the morning with a terrible headache. It was almost like a migraine which I've never had in my entire life. 

I had to call in sick to work which is the second time in now in 2 weeks because of sickness. Not only will I get in trouble eventually but I will use up the only maternity leave I have which isn't much. You are responsible to use your own accrued vacation time for your maternity leave so if you don't have any then you don't get anything. I think I might have had 5 days worth 2 weeks ago. UGH. I don't even want to think about it.



So what can I say. One day I'm fine. The next day I'm not! 

Very unpredictable and scary since I am the bread winner. 


I still feel GREAT on days I am not feeling nauseated while I'm working out!!!! I always have to eat and sleep afterwards though. I can definitely feel that my body is using A lot of extra energy elsewhere. But I still plan to work out as much as I am able and as long as I don't feel sick. I also plan to run a couple of 5K's coming up next month just for fun since I have been deprived of running for so long. 
I am not going to run at all until one day before the race and see if my leg is okay or not. If it ends up finally being OK, I might do a 1/2 Marathon or 10K in October. It would really give me something to look forward to. I love racing. It's so fun for me! 


I tried to do a little profile belly pic for you but there really wasn't enough to see anything. I have definitely noticed I am wider and thicker but it's not defined yet. 
I also have this little hanging skin pouch that is always there from my weight loss that kinda fools you. So maybe at 12 weeks I'll have a little clearer bump pic for you! 

My hubby and I have been very excited about the new baby and are starting to think up names. We always  have a difficult time deciding on names so I hope we can thin of one before he or she pops out. 

We have decided not to find out the sex this time around since we already have a boy and a girl. So this will be a fun birth. Milton was a surprise baby and boy was he the surprise of my life. 

dress: J Crew
Shoes: Payless
 A HUGE FAVOR TO ASK!!!!!!!
My dear friend of 20 years, we've been buddies since we were 15 years old,  has entered a contest with American Eagle outfitter's and I would love it if you had a spare moment to vote for him. His name is Johnathan. He is a professional ballet dancer and travels the world dancing. I would love to see him win and he has an amazing body! 
Here's the link. http://www.ae.com/web/sweepstakes/index.jsp?p=ab98e50edb3cb85c
Thanks in Advance!!!!
Pin It

10 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Love your shoes! You're going to rock this pregnancy and you look as stunning as ever

Char said...

You are glowing mama and so beautiful! So excited for you guys to NOT find out the gender, that is what I want to do so badly (for my next preg). I'm in exactly the same situation w/my work & maternity leave: it doesn't exist. Love that dress!

Emily Baker said...

why doesn't your husband work?? can he get a job, so that you can leave yours?

Christy said...

You look adorable. Can't wait to see you with a bump. I'm guessing it's a girl. I'll let you know if I change my mind. ;)

I'll vote for your friend. I love ballet! I am a former dancer as well. Hope he wins!

Kel said...

You look great Hanna! I love the shoes - so cute!!

I've voted for your friend :) x

Cassidy said...

Cute dress! You are adorable. Ugg I remember those nauseated days. Thank goodness it ends!

Marina {Yummy Mummy) said...

You look amazing! Those rough early pregnancy days are so hard. Hopefully it will be easy sailing during the 2nd trimester. xo

Val said...

You are glowing and have such an amazing light around you. Stay positive girl. Wonderful things are coming your way.

Erica said...

3 kids later I've realized there will NEVER be enough alotted days off from our jobs! We can plan all we want, but something will always come up lol! It's part of the Mom-code. I know it's hard not to stress about it, but what are you gonna do? Let it go. That's the best advice I have got for you...and P.S. I think its awesome that you are still staying in shape as much as possible!!

Susan said...

Well, you look beautiful!
The mat leave in the U.S. is just unbelievable to me.
We get a year in Canada...and that is still too short!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...