A Fragment of Freedom




Well.........This morning I felt really nauseated. I took a Zofran and went to my ACLS class. 

Around noon I started feeling better so after 8 hours of Advanced Coronary Life Support (BLECH!!!!!) I decided I needed to run. 

Just on a whim. I am technically supposed to be on running rest still  but I decided I didn't care I needed to run to clear my head. 




SO I RAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and got my one tiny fragment of freedom.


So I ran 1.5 miles at 10:20 min/mile. On one hand it makes me feel so sad and pathetic to have to run that short and than slow, trust me all I wanted to do was scream out about  ten   8 min/miles but I HAVE TO BE SMART or I will never heal which means I will never be sane so I MUST BE SMART!!!! 

Well wanna know the good news? No pain so far!  
I'm not going to push it. I'll try to run again in a few days or next week.

I also jumped on the elliptical for 30 min to get my cardio in.


I have 2 pairs of Mizuno Wave Riders and these one's were kinda ugly so I decided to throw some neon laces on them. Well, at least their kinda fun now:)


I really like this quote!!!! NO shame in wanting to take good care of yourself. 
NO SHAME AT ALL

Hey then it was family dinner. Baked chicken, asparagus and baked potatoes. 
I recently read in a parenting magazine that family dinner cures like 90% of your kids problems, like 
*obesity
*depression
*drug and alcohol abuse
*Unprotected sex and STD's
*Blah, blah, on and on

SOOOOOOOOO I AM A H*U*G*E family dinner advocate. Every  night when possible folks and start them young!!!!!

Thank you Wonderful husband for cooking such a lovely balanced meal. Today I am grateful! 
Pin It

3 comments:

Steph said...

Running = freedoms here too, so I totally get that! And family dinners? It's all I've ever known, and I wouldn't have it any other way! I hope you stick with it, you won't regret it!

Yo Momma Runs said...

Glad you got in some stress relief! With no pain!

Char said...

Agree on the family dinners! We did them until I was out of High school. CONGRATS on the run. Each mile counts towards something. Don't give up & stay smart. You rock!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...