BEST recipe I've found in a LONG time

I know, I know I haven't been cooking anything in like a year but I started reading up on Chia Seeds and found out I NEED THEM IN MY LIFE!!!!!!! 

One of my readers was gracious enough to supply with an AWESOME recipe for NO COOK chia seed oatmeal and let me tell you it is AWESOME!!!!!! 

I'm serious. I am planning to eat this every single morning for breakfast. I ate it this morning and I've been full for 5 hours! 

SO here's what I did. This recipe can be used very loosely and will still come out great so modify however you want!!!!! 

#1 put 1 cup of real oats into a glass jar. (not quick oats)

#2 Put 1 cups of  soy milk, almond milk or whatever  milk you drink into the jar with the oats

#3 Put a heaping tablespoon of Chia seeds in. You can buy them at any health food store.

#4 The fun part. Add fresh fruit. I used peach and raspberry here but I also used blueberry and strawberry on another batch.

#5 I use 1 teaspoon or tablespoon of honey because I'm a pregnant wimp and want a little sweetness but this can be avoided if you don't want that extra sugar.
That's it. Stir together, screw on top and leave in fridge overnight. In the morning I microwaved mine 2 minutes and added a little more soy milk to loosen it up. IT WAS DIVINE I TELL YOU.

I might just develop a serious addiction to this stuff!!!!!!!!!! 

Oh and by the way here's the REAL recipe if you want better instructions and more ideas for flavors. She chose to use Greek yogurt in hers which I did not care for. 



WANNA know more about super food Chia seeds:

Chia seeds:
  • have more Omega 3 fatty acids than flax seed (important for heart health)
  • are the richest non-marine whole food source of Omega-3 (better than salmon)
  • absorb 10 times their weight in water and transform into a gel-like substance--great for athletes for maintaining hydration and helps with weight loss by making you feel full longer
  • are as high in protein as quinoa
  • are loaded with calcium, potassium, Vitamin B, and anti-oxidants
  • help balance blood sugar via the gelling action of the seed and it’s unique combination of soluble and insoluble fiber that slow down your body’s conversion of starches into sugars 
  • have a neutral taste so they will take on the other flavors in a recipe
  • can be eaten whole (unlike flax seed); they don't have to be ground before adding them to food in order to digest them and benefit from their nutrients
  • have a two year shelf life, stored at room temperature (flax seeds quickly become rancid and loose their nutritional value)


Seriously, PLEASE try this recipe. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed and it takes 5 minutes and you don;t have to cook anything!!!!!!!!!!
Pin It

8 comments:

Luster Canyon said...

Sounds yummy and super easy!! I dont like greek yogurt either so I love your changes and plan to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

Yum!! I definitely think I'll be trying this!

Angi said...

I make these all the time and they are AWESOME! I skip the Greek yogurt too (vegan, hehe) and use either coconut milk (my favorite) or almond milk. I also like to sometimes add some ground flax seeds for extra nutrition, or agave for sweetener!

I actually bought a box of these jars and some plastic screw-on lids so I can make a week's worth in advance - then, I write the "flavor" on top with a dry-erase marker!

So funny how something so little can fill you up for SO LONG... :)

Just stumbled across your blog - love it! :)

Cassidy said...

I eat oatmeal almost everyday. Sounds like a great recipe for me to try and mix things up a bit.

Char said...

I have been using Chia seeds for a few months now & love them!!! And I'm also addicted to Oatmeal, super good for you & keeps you full!! So glad you found something easy to make & good for you!

LaurenLo{me}LoloLC said...

Oh I love these refridge oatmeals...I've been making these since the beginning of the year when I saw them popping up on Pinterest. I'll do a big quart size one and be good to go for a couple of days.

Apples cinnamon is great too with fresh apples and some applesauce thrown in for flavor. Chia seeds are great too! This vegan chia seed muffin recipe is amazing too!!

http://pinterest.com/pin/209558188881303485/

Lauren

http://meandmybeautifulmess.blogspot.com/

LaurenLo{me}LoloLC said...

oh and one more...chia seed chocolate pudding with coconut milk, soo good! - just make sure you eat it within a few hours otherwise, the seeds absorb too much and it turns into a ball of gel :)

http://pinterest.com/pin/209558188881209994/

REBrown said...

I make overnight oats a lot and love them! I haven't experimented with Chia seeds yet - I need to.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...