Peach Crumble Top Pie



Well, It's a miracle. I went to the Farmer's Market yesterday and saw so many gorgeous things. I decided I HAD to bake a pie with the fresh peaches we bought! This is the first thing I've baked in months!!!

I LOVE peach pie and I LOVE a good crumb topping so I decided to meld the two. This pie came out awesome and was really easy!! I hope you'll give it a try! 



For the crust use THIS recipe!

For pie filling:
6 fresh peaches peeled and chopped
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs beaten
Juice from 1 lemon
1/2 cup of flour

For the Crumb Topping:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 sticks of butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350.
For The Filling combine everything in a bowl, mix well and let sit a few minuets while you prepare the crust and the topping.
For the crumb topping mix all dry ingredients with a whisk, once combined, add the melted butter and stir. IT will make large wet lumps. This is perfect. You can now crumble the lumps up if you wish to get the desired size.
Now add your peach filling on top of your crust being sure to leave a little room for the crumb topping. Now top with crumb topping bake for 45 minuets on a low oven wrack or cover the crumb topping for about 15 minuets so it doesn't get too dark and crispy. Enjoy with ice cream! 
 ( one regular 9" pie)


Have a great Sunday!!!!! 
Pin It

8 comments:

Amy said...

YUM Hanna, looks amazing!!

PoetessWug said...

YUM!! I haven't had peach pie in a while!!...Thanks for the new recipe. :-)

Char said...

I was JUST thinking about making peach pie/cobbler! Delish! Happy Sunday!!

angela said...

Looks so good.... Totally pinned it

http://pinterest.com/pin/189995678000497613/

Angela

In honor of my Mother's Birthday I am hosting a giveaway.... Come check it out

http://angiegetscrafty.blogspot.com/2012/08/chicken-soup-for-soul-magic-of-mothers.html

Heather said...

Looks delicious, Hanna!

wildliked.com said...

Thanks for the recipe Hanna! Beardy loves peaches, and he can definitely throw a scoop of vanilla ice cream on this! Yum!

Marina {Yummy Mummy) said...

This pie is picture perfect! It's the perfect time of year for a peach pie!

Susan said...

Lawd! That looks so amazing. I love your recipe posts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...