Q&A SESH RUNNING


I have never in my life seen such ridiculous bed head. I was awake every hour last night rolling around. Seriously, no sleep for me and it is VERY evident in these here sleep eyed pre-run photos. I can't even get my eyes balls open. Ha. Ha. 

Apparently sleeping while running has become my specialty!!!!



I got up at 6:30 and went out on a 5 miler. For the life of me I could not find my pace. I was running sub 8 or sub 9 minute miles for the first 3 miles..............WHAT??? I don't even run that fast when I'm not pregnant!!!!
Seriously.......I need to chill out. So then the last 2 miles I was like totally exhausted and had to run 11.5 minute miles. When I got home I was dizzy and wobbly. 
Running while pregnant is weird. Some runs I feel great and normal and other runs I am a wreck. This  morning I felt like a hippopotumus. I felt like I weighed 300 pounds. My feet were dragging and I couldn't get that pep in my step (except the first 3 miles.LOL)

I ran with the pregnancy belt on and it seemed to help a little????


So.......this was going through my head every 5 seconds!!!!! 



My Running Friend Christy over at The Buhrs posted this little survey and I thought, "well, another chance to talk more about running.....AWESOME"

So here you have it.....feel free to join in the fun!!! 


RUNNING SURVEY!!!!!


Are you a morning, noon, or evening runner?

MORNING!!!!! definitely morning. I can perform really well at 4am. I do horribly if I try to run in the afternoon or evening. I'm exhausted by then. Shoot, I am in bed at 8:15 every night.




Do you run solo or with a buddy?
Solo.  I really like to be in my own head and I really like to zone out with my music to my own pace. I feel "pressured" when I run with other people which is probably a good thing for pacing purposes but I definitely cannot relax properly unless I'm solo.



What is your favorite post run snack?
Fruit!!!! I LOVE to refuel on fruit. You know how after you run 15 or 20 miles you feel kinda sick? Well, that's why I love fruit because my stomach can always handle it. FRUIT and H20!!!




What is your favorite race?
I love all the races I have done. Racing is so fun. It definitely gets you more passionate and motivated to work harder and be more involved in running as a sport. I have found that I prefer larger races to smaller ones. I feed on the adrenaline high that comes with the crowd. I perform better too.


Do you wear a Garmin? If not, how do you track your distance?
Yes...I am in love with my garmin. I can;t live without it now.


What is my least favorite race?

Don't know yet! I am definitely a distance runner. I can run and run and run forever. It's my speed that kills me. Speed is my biggest challenge. If I could make my body do it, my mind I can push on forever as long as it's at a comfy pace. So it's safe to say the 5K is my LEAST favorite. Probably the 1/2 or full marathon are my favorite distances. I've never even run a full marathon but I've done plenty of 16, 18, 20 mile runs and loved them. 

Me at 4:30am before an 18 mile run!!!



Where is your favorite medal from?

I didn't really like the Albuquerque Half Marathon but I love the medal I got from that race. It's simple and classy.


How long have you been a runner?
Not LONG! I have run on and off for years but consistenly this time around less than a year.



Do you run with your wedding/engagement ring on?
No. I hardly ever wear my rings. I don't wear them to work as a nurse because of the amount of time I have to wear gloves and the amount of hand washing that I do. So I think because I  already in the habit of not wearing them, I don;t to run because I guess of the sweat, irritation factor??? I don;t know but I don't wear them when I run.





What is your favorite workout? tempo? long run? fartlek? repeats?
LONG RUN!!!!! By far! I love the endorphins I get from the long run. In fact I'm pretty sure that's the reason I run. It makes me feel good. When I do speed, I just feel like I'm going to keel over and die......not so much the endorfins there.

Me before a 20 mile run 4:30am



What is your favorite place to run?

outside!!!!!!!!!! Definitely outside. I prefer freezing, 15 degree weather to the treadmill!


Do you use Gu?

Yes, I am lucky. It doesn't bother my stomach at all. I  like vanilla and chocolate the best.



What do you drink to keep hydrated?

water and sometimes Nuun if it's a longer run. I like to keep my electrolytes in line!



What do you take with you on a run? Does it vary by distance?

My ipod. I need music when I run, my hydration belt or my hand held water bottle if I'm running far or it's hot and some GU's if I'm running far. My garmin and my sunglasses.



What is your favorite type of cross training? 
Spinning!!!! I love the intensity of a good spin class. This is something being injured taught me about myself and I'm glad because I don't think I would have ventured into that world otherwise.


What is your favorite song to run to?
I have a few but I love Thriller by Micheal Jackson and I love In da club by 50 cent. I have a few that I like



What brand of shoes do you wear?

Right now I have a pair of Brooks, a pair of Mizuno's and a pair of Asics that I am alternating. Loving all of them to be honest! 


Do you wear a hat when you run?
Sometimes. When it;s winter I do so I don't loose heat from my head but in the warmer months I tend not to or I will wear a visor. I always wear a BIC headband to keep my hair out of my eyes.

What temperature is your favorite for running?
Below 60. I definitely like the colder temps. I think 40-45 is PERFECT running weather! 


Do you have any big races coming up?

a 10 K this weekend, a 5K next month and MAYBE a half marathon in October but I might be too pregnant by then, we'll see how it goes:)






Pin It

6 comments:

Heather said...

I loved reading your answers and thinking about my own as well. I don't have a blog so I won't be filling this out anywhere but it was fun to just think about my own running journey so far!

I'm just getting into distances long enough for me to need fuel during my runs. I need to look into some different drinks, gel packs, etc. Thanks for sharing your favs, I'll try those out.

Char said...

Same here on the gels, getting into distances where I might need them. And perfect temp...MAN I would LOVE to run in 60 degree weather! I'm sick of this 105+ stuff, yuck! Good luck on your 10k this weekend :)

Sarah L.J. said...

Hi Hanna! I just wanted to tell you that I love reading your blog. I am 18 weeks pregnant with my first child and you really inspire me to keep working out. I started your prego strength routine last night after a walk with my husband and dog Tootsie, and I love it! Thank you! Sarah

Yo Momma Runs said...

Fun survey! I love all the pictures of you in the headlamp. They make you look totally legit! And I 100% agree that chocolate GU is the best. It's like having dessert in the middle of running.:)

Christy said...

What brand is your handheld bottle? I have one that just slides all over in my hand that I hate running with it.

How do you like your Asics so far?? I really want to try the Brooks, but I just got new shoes. I always just want want want.

You look cute in your white getup!

Vero said...

You are amazing Hanna!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...