Apple Picking

I don't think my hiatus is over but I actually had a couple photos so I though I would pop in and share them.

My friend Amber has a great place just outside of town with a little apple and pear orchard and she invited us to come apple picking one afternoon.

It was really fun. The kids had fun! 

Milton is so handsome. He will be 3 next month.

And beautiful Ginger is 19 months!

I think we have about 30 or 40 pound of apples to use. I will probably make some apple butter and a few other baked apple things. 
I wasted no time and baked this pie the next morning. We didn't have any normal sugar in the house so I used THIS recipe and made it with confectioners sugar. Turned out pretty good! 
I have actually been feeling a lot better. I have horrible insomnia where I won't sleep for days on end but otherwise things are getting a little better on the pregnancy front. 
I have suddenly become VERY pregnant. Whoa Belly!!! I am back in my maternity clothes already. UGH.....round 3 in these things. Yuck., I did not miss them. 

I hope you are all doing great. I sure do miss blogging everyday but I can say I have felt a little relive knowing I can take a little break now.
Pin It

8 comments:

Robyn Burke said...

Yum on apples! I would love to make cider. Miss your presence on blogger but glad you can relax and not stress over the blog right now. take care!

Kenzie Smith said...

Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun picking apples! I would love to take the family apple picking some time - we all love to eat apples!

Kristina said...

I love apple picking season and I'm sure you look beautiful in your maternity clothes.

STEPHANIE LEANN said...

Glad you popped in for a little hello Hanna! Your littles are adorable - I bet that was such fun for them. I have many fond memories of doing this same thing when I was young. I so want to find an apple orchard this Fall! Sending well wishes your way - I hope each day gets better and better for you x

Erica said...

I missed you!! Glad to have your happy-ness back in the blogisphers :)

Laura | Bissonnette said...

We just went apple picking on tuesday. Tis' the Season!

Lindsay said...

What a fun outing! Ive been dying to do this with Landyn :)

Jelli said...

What fun photos. Reminds me of my childhood in the Midwest going to the orchards each fall. Love the recipe you posted recently using those luscious apples too. Tiny pies are great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...