Fall Berry Oatmeal

Fall is definitely in the air here in New Mexico. I am always looking for something new to cook for the kiddoes. They love apple, cinnamon oatmeal so this morning I decided to try a warm berry oatmeal and it was a huge hit. They both ate 2 bowls. YAY! 


Recipe:

1 cup of whole oats chopped (the kids love this texture)
2 cups milk 
1.5 cups frozen mixed berries
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon honey

Heat milk in a pot until just about to boil, add chopped oats, chia seeds and honey and simmer for about 5 minuets. Then add the frozen berries and simmer another few minuets. 
Finished. 
Garnish with a few fresh berries if you have them on hand. 
I promise your kids will eat this!!! 


I have some great posts coming up. I have a new  great inspirational running interview, miniature pumpkin pie recipe, and some more pics of my giant belly! 

Pin It

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am now craving oatmeal like craaaazy!! I even had some for breakfast, and I still want more! :)

runnergirl said...

All I can say is... Yum! Oh and also, so loving reading your blog about your pregnancy and all that is going on right now. You are amazing! xx

SueAnn Lommler said...

I will even bring my own spoon...ha!
Sounds so yummy..I will give this a try
Hugs
SueAnn

mienkintoshfairie said...

Now I wish I had some oatmeal in the cabinet! I have never had mine with Chia seeds, cool idea ^_^

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...