Individual Apple Streusel Pies

From our apple picking expedition last week we have 40 pounds of apples so I have been baking every apple thing in sight! Today I made mini apple pies with streusel topping. 

Might be the best apple pie I ever made. Just sayin'
For the Crumb Topping:
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 sticks of butter, melted

For The Apple Filling:
8-10 peeled, cored, and diced apples 
1/4 cup of water
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 stick of butter 
pinch of salt

For The Crust: 
either use 2 store bought crusts or use one portion of this recipe. divide into 6 small balls and roll out into 6 inch circles. Place inside each GIANT MUFFIN TIN and fill with apple filling. Then place crumb topping on top and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

For the filling combine everything into a small saucepan and simmer until melted and combined. Set aside until ready to fill extra large muffin cups after the dough has been rolled out and placed inside the muffin cups.

For the crumb topping mix all dry ingredients with a whisk, once combined, add the melted butter and stir. IT will make large wet lumps. This is perfect. You can now crumble the lumps up if you wish to get the desired size.
Now add your apple filling on top of your crust being sure to leave a little room for the crumb topping. Now top with crumb topping bake for one hour  on a low oven wrack or cover the crumb topping for about 15 minuets so it doesn't get too dark and crispy. Enjoy with ice cream! 


Pin It

7 comments:

STEPHANIE LEANN said...

These look delicious! And, I love that they're petite sized. So cute! I could go for one of those with my coffee this morning ;)

Robyn Burke said...

YUM!! I am craving me some apple goodness. This morning I heard the radio DJ talking about caramel apple pie.... this has me salivating and I must find a recipe!!

Brittany Campbell said...

So cute! I bet they are delicious!

Kyle & Mekelle said...

Wow... those look DELICIOUS! Saw your blog from yo momma runs...

Tiffany said...

Beautiful pictures! I am loving all this apple stuff popping up everywhere!!!

Lindsay said...

These look delicious :)

Melissa said...

These look so good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...