On Life Lately

What have I been up to??

Well, after running about 20 miles a week for the first 15 weeks of pregnancy, I decided to call it quits. I don't have any pain when I run but I just feel heavy and yucky. So, I decided it was time to throw in the towel. I have the rest of my life to run after this 3rd little pumpkin pops out! (unless of course Mizuno decides to send me a pair of their new running shoe line......in that case, I'll be running in no time!!!! hint, hint, MIZUNO!!

SO I have been walking about 2 miles a day with the kiddoes in the stroller instead! We usually walk to the grocery everyday! We also go on at least one family hike a week! 


Last weekend my mom, my sister and all our kids went to the local Renaissance fair. It was a bit much for me as it was hot and I had to carry the babies a lot and I was a bit tired and nauseous that day but a blast either way. The kids had so much fun!!!! 


I WON AN AWESOME GIVEAWAY!!!!!

I won an entire case of CORE POWER from Lisa at Yo Momma Runs. I am beyond excited!!!!! I LOVE winning giveaways. It ALWAYS always makes my day. I think I'll try a couple and them put them under my bed for after the baby when I start in on some serious 20 mile runs again! WHOOPIE!!!! 

Thanks Lisa!!!! Love her BLOG!!!!!!! A daily read for sure. You should go by and say hello. She is a lovely, lovely lady, has 4 kids and runs like a maniac!!!! Hello, super mom!
Thanks Lisa!!!

I also don't feel so bad about slowing down a bit with my blog. I was so sad when I wrote that post. 

I cried! 

Then that very same week I was browsing around reading all my favorite blogs and I realized that I was not the only one that has these feelings of being over whelmed. Oh and on a side note, the moment I took my "hiatus" my facebook page reached 700 fans and I got 3 offers from outside sources to partner with them??? go figure! I think it;s safe to say after one week, I'M BACK!!!!!!

Both of these ladies had similar posts on their blogs too that very same week and it was EXACTLY what I needed to read. These are two of my daily reads.

Laura from Bits of Splendor had a post on "No pressure blogging". You can read it here! Bits of Splendor
And Nina from Mamma Go Round took a 3 month hiatus. You can read her post here! Mamma Go Round
Thanks ladies for making feel not alone! 



AND SOME GREAT NEWS!!!!!!



I also got invited to be a SWEAT PINK AMBASSADOR. What an honor! Thank you Sweat Pink!!!!!


So I am really excited about that!!!! I love being part of groups and supporting things I love like RUNNNING AND SWEATING!!!! 

I will soon be sporting some hot pink shoe laces and a sweat pink tank!!!!!! WHOOPIE!!! 

A little snipit about what Sweat Pink is all about.
"We believe that kicking ass is best done in pretty shoes. We’ve learned that real women sweat, and sweat hard. We know that assertiveness, strength, and ambition are the ultimate feminine qualities. We concede that sometimes it takes hours to get ready, but we’re also no strangers to just rolling out of bed and going. We’re convinced that we run faster in pink shoelaces. We believe in pushing ourselves, and we believe in giving ourselves a break, too. We’re all about the rush of endorphins and the thrill of the challenge. We’re all for looking great and feeling even better. We’re committed to finding our best fit, and making it stick."







AND.......thanks to all of you for sticking with me through thick and thin! 
Pin It

9 comments:

Robyn Burke said...

Welcome back!!

Mendi said...

Welcome back!!! I missed you!

Candice said...

Yay!

Elizabeth said...

YAYAYAYAY!! BEST Tuesday ever!! I am so glad you are back! That's awesome!!

Heather said...

I'm also super excited about you being back! And happy to hear that you're doing what FEELS right for your body at this point and not trying to push it with the running. Just because some people run the whole way through pregnancy, doesn't mean it's for everyone! My opinion is that everyone and every pregnancy is different and you need to go with your gut. So glad you're doing just that!

Have fun with these new partnerships--lucky girl!

Jane Craske said...

You're not alone doll. I slowed WAY down this summer just to hang with small one and get in a good place. Voila! Life is good again C:

Erica said...

Can I just say how THRILLED I am that you are back! I love reading about you life and your littles :)

Char said...

OH YAYAY!!! Congrats on the ambassador offer, you will be GREAT!! And welcome back :) We sure do/did miss you!!

Christy said...

Glad to see your posts!!! Welcome, welcome. :]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...