Are You There God? It's Me Hanna.


Where to begin?


On Saturday I had a LONG, exhausting day with the kiddoes, lots of tantrums, back talk, and just general difficulties as usual these days. 

FINALLY, nap time!!! 

I laid them in their beds and went to lye down on the couch, 

finally a rest. 

After a few minuets, I decided to go check the mail. I love "snail" mail and I love this time of year because of all the Christmas cards. 

*They make me happy*

So as I was sorting through, sure enough there appeared to be three Christmas cards sure to brighten my day.


Well...................Little did I know just how bright it was about to get. 

The second one I opened had a beautiful card inside with a VERY GENEROUS amount of money in it. 

I won't disclose how much but enough to buy food and diapers for a couple weeks. If any of you have big families, you know that's A LOT!!! 

I immediately started searching the envelope but there was no return address and no signature. 
The imprint that usually says what state it was sent from was blurred so I couldn't read it.  
They even pasted a printed out label of our address to the front of the envelope so I couldn't even guess at the hand writing. 
There was nothing hand written inside, just the lovely greeting card sentiment and the money.

Immediately I burst into tears! 
I cried a good 15 minuets out of the sheer mercy that was bestowed upon us. 



How could this be happening right now? How could this be true? 

HOW? WHO? 

I have 2 guesses. 
Our wonderful, supportive CHURCH or one of you beautiful readers. 

It doesn't matter. All that matters is that you saved us so much heart ache and worry, you have no idea! honestly a true miracle in my eyes!!! 

With less $100 dollars in our bank account and pay day far, far away this is truly nothing short of a miracle. 

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU 

Whoever you are, wherever you are!!!!!!! You have no idea what you just did for our little family!



Now......to top it off, that very same evening a case and a half of our beloved Blue Runner Beans showed up on my doorstep from a dear, dear reader Kitty. 

You can go say hi to her {HERE}

THANK YOU KITTY!!!!!!!

Honestly BEST*DAY*EVER!!!!!!!!!

This my friends is the true meaning of Christmas! 
Pin It

32 comments:

tiarenie said...

this post makes me smile. i'm so happy for you! you deserve it so much.

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

What a sweet post! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

Thank you for a heart warming post on a very cold day!

Carolynn Markey said...

Looks like you are having fun in the snow. I love your hair :) Thanks for making me smile!

shannon said...

that is incredible!!
very happy for you!

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

Ah the magic of Christmas....beautiful ;-)

Elizabeth said...

"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think" Ephesians 3:20
Praise God! He cares and moves and works in the most precious ways!!

Erica Bodker said...

God is good, I love it when people bless others like that, it always comes at the right times :) Thanks for coming by my blog today, I am now following you back and can not wait to read more! Have a great Monday!
Erica
www.ericastartwalking.com

Ginny said...

Wow! What a blessing! God truly does provide!
Ginny
mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

Karly said...

Isn't that the best feeling ever?? Someone did the same thing to me a few months back after I had made a post about being grateful for what you have-even if it's next to nothing-and about a week later I got an anonymous letter in the mail with an amazing amount of money in it. I couldn't believe it, but I was so thankful and blessed to finally be able to feed MYSELF rather than just the kids.

People are awesome and generous and kind!

Anne Kimball said...

Hi Hanna, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I came over to your blog after you left a comment on mine.

And now I'm all goose-bumpy! What a beautiful story. I'm off to scroll through and read some more of your blog. Let me go get a cup of tea first, so I can sit back and enjoy!

Merry Christmas!

stephanie said...

hanna this is so awesome! and you are the cutest preggo!

Melissa Bo said...

Im so excited for you! =)

Your photos are great, hope you are feeling well. =)

SaraRN said...

That is wonderful, Hanna! Much love to you!

melody-mae said...

What an amazing post and what an amazing gift. God is good all the time and all the time God is good! Much love to you!

Tiffany said...

What a blessing! So happy to read this post. It is great to be reminded we are cared for. :)

N said...

I couldn't think of anyone more deserving of those gifts than you and the Fam! It's nice to be reminded of the good in people when all you hear of is the bad. : )

-Nichole, formerly of Wildliked.com

Melanie said...

What a true blessing Hanna. A smile and beautiful thought can make such a big difference to the world. Enjoy the silence of your 'secret Santa' because they have given with their heart. You have been blessed x

icecreamtomarathon said...

That is such a blessing! Love the snow pics!

Ashley F. said...

God Bless you! Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I'm so happy you did. Congrats on beautiful baby #3!

following you right back!

xo's
www.afabtail.com

Ashley Richards said...

What a sweet gift. Warms my heart! Following back. Glad you showed me your great blog.
:) Ashley @ Mrs. Mama
http://aprichards.blogspot.com

Amy said...

That is so, so sweet!! And you guys so deserve it :) God bless you all!!

Kristin said...

This is SO wonderful; I couldn't be happier for you.

All the best...
Kristin
XOXO

Robyn Burke said...

Oh, I am rejoicing with you over the provision of our God. I have received surprise blessings like this-- and let me tell you, it means more than words can express. It's what is behind the amount of money-- that sacrificial giving from the heart that carries me along thru the darkest of days. God is good. All the time. All the time. God. Is. Good. blessings on you Hanna!

Heather said...

I love this!! What a wonderful gift! I love it when the Lord uses others to bless us just when we need it most!

Lauren said...

What an amazing story hanna. I love this. XOXO
Good people do exist. <3

xoxo

Kristen Alexis said...

That brings a smile to my face! :) You and your family definitely deserve it! By the way---those pictures are absolutely stunning! (What type of camera do you have and does your husband take those pictures?!)

Susan said...

I am so happy that you are happy.
You deserve it.
And there are angels among us. Never forget. xo

Stephy Marie said...

Wow, that is AMAZING! And can I tell you just how cute you are?? You make me miss my pregnant days :)
Thanks for stopping by Hanna, so glad you did.
Love,
Your Newest Follower :)

Prowess and Pearls said...

Awww...yes, that is the real meaning of Christmas! Our God is absolutely awesome! I love how He strategically sets people in our lives to show us His love through! What a beautiful post and picture.:) I can tell we'll make great blogging buddies...I wrote a blog a few weeks ago with the same title, of course dealing with how He ALWAYS remembers us!;) Have a FANTABULOUS week! ;)

Bonnie Way said...

Aww, that's so beautiful!!! I love anonymous gift-giving strangers. :)

Jolene said...

That's awesome! We added 3 children in the past 3 months for a total of 7 so as a large family I totally understand what a blessing that is! We recently were blessed with a beautiful fruit basket from our church! So nice to blessed!

Kristal said...

new to your blog from the weigands and I am so happy for you. what a beautiful thing to read to start my day! :) newest follower!
sincerelyarizona.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...