DIY Holiday Tassel Garland


These tassels were VERY easy to make, much easier than I expected and GORGEOUS!!!! In fact I am planning to make some in bright colors for the kids rooms, for every birthday party from here on out and several more holiday ones for around the house now! 

I am telling you they bring INSTA*JOY to any room!!! 

MAKE THEM NOW!!!! 

You will L*O*V*E these!!!!!



This next step of gluing the loop closed is not mandatory. The tissue stays in place on it's own surprisingly well but I wanted them to be extra sturdy so I could use them again and again. 

Another note: I decided to tie each tassel in place so I could string them at any angle and not worry about them sliding around but this step could also be omitted if you preferred. 


oh and biggest bonus of all, entire project cost less than $3.00. 

No lie!!!! 

Thrifty Thoughts! 
I am also linking this thrifty project up with Ashley from The Vanilla Tulip and I wanted to share just a couple ways we save money around here because money is VERY TIGHT!

1.We try to never use disposable stuff withe exception of diapers and toilette paper. I always keep a wash rag to wipe the kids faces and hands at meal times and we use cloth napkins.
2. We only go out to eat MAYBE once every 2 months. 
3. I plan meals in advance, shop in bulk and we always eat left overs.
4. We only have one car so we only pay for insurance on one car and one tank of gas not two. HUGE money saver right here!
5. We don't have cell phones! Nope, we only have one phone and it's a land line. I would say it saves $200 a month.
6. We don't have cable TV.
Linking up this project with Kimmie from 
{SUGAR AND DOTS}


Watch Out Martha



Pin It

19 comments:

Heather said...

Love it! I'm throwing a baby shower for a friend in the new year and I'm totally using this for decorations! I don't want to go overboard (nor do I have money to do so) so I've had an eye out for simple, cheap ideas. This is perfect!!

melody-mae said...

So in LOVE with this project!

MAKEUP OBSESSED MOM said...

How fun! Those directions are perfect too! Thanks for visiting my blog! I am your newest follower from the blog hop. Stacie xo

Aanika said...

Fantastic Blog! I'm going to enjoy following! :) Oh and I absolutely LOVE your About Me section!

Aanika from www.theactivemum.com

Becca at Love Our Disney said...

Such a cute and fun idea! Love your blog!

Becca from www.loveourdisney.com

Breezy said...

Ahhhhhh!!! We just had my sons birthday party yesterday and these would have been awesome!!! So cute, I love it, I'm going to make them for something else! Thanks for visiting my blog, it means so much!

Kristen Alexis said...

wooohoooo for Hanna being back in full force! So happy for you!! :)

Carrie Anderson said...

LOVE the tassel garland, Haannah! Following you back from the Sunday Blog Hop! Have a blessed day!

Donna said...

Hanna......you're awesome! I've been following you for about a week now, and you're definitely a new fave. Your honesty is very moving, your perseverance through tough times, and your ability to create really wonderful things very inexpensively....I actually look forward to your posts.

Did you know that these are selling on Etsy for $30-$60 (depending on materials used, of course). Maybe you should consider selling some?

Thank you for being an inspiration to us...and for keeping it real! I'm rooting for you through the tough times and the good.

Donna

christina said...

agggggghh! i am sooooooo happy to showed this DIY! I have been wanting to try this!

Barry and Rena said...

brilliant and gorgeous!!!!

Katie Drane said...

Love this!! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm following you now too:)

Katie
www.funhomethings.com

Sarah Tackett said...

Great idea, Hanna! These look fabulous. Thank you for being my newest follower. I am following you back from sarahsaturdiy.blogspot.com. Happy holidays!

Maxabella said...

Such a gorgeous Christmas project. Thanks for the tutorial, Hanna. x

Amanda said...

I picked up a ton of glittery aqua and pink tissue paper at the 70% off christmas clearance rack at Target! Now off to make tassels for my girls room! Thanks!

Amanda said...

I love this! It's so simple but could really make the difference at your holiday (or any other, really) party. Pinned for later!

I would love it if you would link up at Martha Mondays, open now through Wednesday night!

http://www.watchoutmartha.net/2013/01/martha-mondays-link-up-party-features.html

~Amanda
www.watchoutmartha.net

{annie_loo} @ The Farrar Four said...

Those are so cute! I love that!!!! Would be so cute for a baby shower or something! Love it!

And...y'all are some big item savers...cable, car insurance, gas! GO GIRL!

Laura Day said...

Very, very cute! I'll be finding a reason to make this :)

Amanda said...

Congratulations! You've been featured on this week's Martha Mondays! :) Swing by to pick up a "Featured" button and do a little bragging! :)

http://www.watchoutmartha.net/2013/01/martha-mondays-link-up-party-features_21.html

Amanda
www.watchoutmartha.net

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...