Egg Nog PinWheel Christmas Cookies




Clearly I have become obsessed with pinwheels. They are just too gorgeous to resist. SO this time I made EGG NOG Pinwheels!!!!! 

H*O*L*Y Scrumptious heaven on earth!!!!! 

Merry Christmas my friends!!!!!! 



(This recipe will yield about 18-24 cookies depending on the width cut the cookies and these freeze beautifully.Whatever you don't use simply tightly wrap in Saran wrap and place in freezer. Then when you are ready to use simply defrost and bake.)
 WONDERFUL!!!

Ingredients

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup of egg nog
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon red food coloring.( I highly recommend the gel variety. You can buy it at any craft store. It is much brighter and you can use less)
  • 1 tablespoon of green food coloring. I also recommend the gel to get that vibrant color.
  • Silver edible glitter stars (available at any craft store in the baking section)
  • Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough
  • 3 tablespoons milk

Directions

Sift together the flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking powder and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar together in another large bowl. Add egg, egg nog, vanilla, milk and beat until incorporated. Gradually add the dry mixture, beating until combined. Remove half of the mixture from the bowl. Add red food coloring, beating until fully combined. You may have to knead the colored dough a bit to get it mixed thoroughly.  On a sheet of Saran wrap OR waxed paper, roll out dough to form a large rectangle, about 1/4-inch thick. Repeat this step with the other half of the dough. Add food coloring, beat and then knead to get even color.
 Now very carefully, slide the red dough on top of the green dough and slide the parchment paper out or flip one on top of the other in one swift movement. Trim edges if uneven and patch if necessary. Roll dough into a log, creating a swirl effect. NOTE: do not worry if the dough starts to tear a little when you are rolling it. This is normal. Simply mend it with your fingers as you go along. Use the  Saran wrap or wax paper to guide you as you roll so it remains even and has less tearing and ripping.

Now place a generous amount of sprinkles or stars in a shallow dish and roll the cookie dough log firmly over the sprinkles until they stick and its covered. Wrap tightly with saran wrap and place the dough back in the refrigerator and let chill for 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Slice the dough into 1/2-inch slices and place on a parchment lined sheet tray about 1-inch apart.  Bake fo2 10-15 minuets depending on how thick you sliced the cookies.
NOTE: These photos are from my red and white pinwheels so they don't match the red and green color of this recpie but the technique is EXACTLY the same. Message me if you have any questions whatsoever.




For Old fashioned milk bottle, simply dip lid in melted white chocolate and then dip in sprinkles. VOILA!!!

Magic in the making !!!!!!!!!


Christmas Special:
I am offering an advertising special until Christmas Day.....20% using the code "save20"


 
Pin It

23 comments:

Susan said...

Now...where to find those old fashioned milk bottles...they are so lovely. My kids would get such a kick out of them!

Summer-Raye said...

I seriously don't think that it can get any cuter.

Lindsay said...

You have the best ideas!

adventuresindinner said...

That milk bottle might actually make me drink some milk :-)

Char said...

I think you ARE hooked on pinwheels, but I love it! I must try these! And by the way, I'm FINALLY catching up to reading all of your posts :) Missed you!

Marina {Yummy Mummy) said...

You, my friend, are a pinwheel expert. And I love those little stars too :) happy holidays!

Sundaro said...

Made the dark chocolate and they were a winner. Then made the red and white peppermint and now the eggnog pin wheels will be my grand finale! Thanks Hanna for giving such great cookie ideas. ♥ U

amy and jesse hudson said...

All of your pictures are so awesome. Great colors and textures. What kind of camera do you have?

Wegan said...

YOU DID THAT? Wow omg. If only you could send us treats hehe. Looks amazing!

M x

The Cantelmo Family said...

Those look SOOOO good!!!

Val said...

What a fun and festive cookie!!!!! Happy Holidays, my friend!!!

betty said...

I love eggnog in almost everything, these cookies look specially good!

Mike said...

These look even better than the first ones you made! Ashley and I want some. now.

Megan Githens said...

Gorgeous! I am definitely trying these! Found you from a post somewhere in the blogosphere! Would love a visit from you over at Moms Surviving Kids!
hugs,
Megan@ www.momssurvivingkids.com

Lauren said...

these look AMAZING!! Yum...I wish I had time to bake this holiday...maybe after this craziness settles down I'll get out the rolling pin. I can't cook worth beans but I"m a pretty good baker :)

Erin said...

I love your blog - just reading through your posts and love your heart! xo.

Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com said...

These are so unbelievably CUTE!!! I'm excited to know about your blog!!! XO, Aimee

prettyanddelectable said...

These look so festive! Love the milk bottle idea, too!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

These look YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!!!!!!!
Love the little sparkling stars...HOW CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing and thank you for dropping by The Cottage Market : ) Sending hugs and wishes for a picture perfect day! : )

The Weir House said...

OMG the sprinkles on the glass is just the cutest thing :)

UTs Hobby Time said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
UTs Hobby Time said...

Cookies look so delicious.

Rebecca S. said...

Looks delicious! I love all the red and green, CUTE blog!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...