Homemade Moose Munch




Every Year around the holidays I L*O*V*E to serve Moose Munch around our house. Moose Munch however is quiet expensive in small quantities and comes from Harry and David.

So this year due to our financial situation I decided to make it myself and it came out GREAT!!!! 



Ingredients:
1 cup popcorn kernels
6 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
salt to taste
1/2 cup corn syrup (I used dark)
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2-3 cups candied nuts (my recipe)
3 cups melted chocolate chips milk or dark (I used semi sweet)

Directions: 
1. First get a large pot with a lid an d combine the popcorn kernels with the oil in the bottom of the pan. Heat on medium with the lid just slightly ajar. After a few minuets you will hear the kernels popping. As soon as they start to slow down remove the pot from heat. It is easy to burn popcorn.

2. Next spread the popcorn over greased cookie sheets or cookie sheets with Sil Pat Mats on top. NOTE: DO NOT use parchment paper as I did in the photos. I was able to get the much off EVENTUALLY with no paper stuck to it but it was a nightmare. Just trust me!!! Then generously salt the popcorn. 

3. Next make your caramel sauce. Get a medium saucepan and combine butter, corn syrup, white and brown sugar and a dash of salt. Bring to a boil and stir for about 5 minuets, remove from heat and place dollops of caramel sauce over the popcorn. It doesn't have to be perfectly even. The whole idea is to get different bites of different ingredients. 
Then quickly spread your candied nuts over the popcorn and caramel mixture (this step can be omitted if you don't desire nuts.)

4. Now place 3 cups of chocolate chips into a large plastic container and microwave in 30 second intervals stirring each time until "just" melted. Now dollop the chocolate over the entire popcorn mixture in the same fashion you did the caramel. 

5. finally place in the refrigerator or freezer until chocolate and caramel are set and now remove from cookie sheets and serve either in tins, gift bags, or a nice bowl. I store my excess in hefty zip lock bags and it stays fresh.


 H*A*P*P*Y   H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S!!!!
Pin It

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks good! =)
I love chocolate!

Liyana Marie said...

this just made me SO HUNGRY haha :)
you have amazing pictures !

Liyana ♥
LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

Meeha Meeha said...

Hanna, thanks for visiting my winter white room! Your recipe is yummy (you must have the cravings right now...) and I'm gladly following back! PS: Your weight loss story is by far the most inspiring post I've ever read on the subject! XOXO!

Paige said...

Oh man! That looks yummy! Returning the follow from that blog hop last tuesday! :)

Brenna said...

Oh this looks so yummy! I may have to add it to my holiday baking list!!

brenna

Alesha said...

This looks fabulous!
Alesha <3

Ginny said...

This looks delicious!
Ginny
mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

Mags said...

!! I am so making that !! And gifting it- hostess gifts resolved :)

Danielle said...

We used to make our own version of this at a chocolate store I worked at in high school. I have forgotten all about it, thank you so much for sharing this. I will definitely be making a batch or two of this for Christmas!

Rebekah said...

Looks delicious!! I can't wait to try the recipe out! I'm following you back from the Tuesday blog hop! :)

-Rebekah, Living && Learning

Maxabella said...

I've never heard of moose munch, but now I'm so keen to try it out!! x

::The Beetle Shack:: said...

looks WAY too good :)

i must respond to yor emil!!
xo em

Susan said...

Now THIS looks sinful!

Tami said...

You outdid yourself! Yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...