FRIDAY *Snipits*



H-A-P-P-Y   F-R-I-D-A-Y

I say it as if I should be happier that today is Friday rather than any other day of the week. 
My husband's 5 part time jobs have actually managed to land primarily on the weekends which means it's actually the hardest part of the week for me but Happy Friday anyway. 

Today I am grateful!!!! Gratitude is an amazing thing. TRY.IT!!!!

RANDOM THING I MUST TRY THIS MONTH:

I suppose the new tend I have seen just about everywhere is to only wash your hair with shampoo and water once or twice a week and then use dry shampoo in between. 
Hmmmmmm...........Interesting right? 

Just listen to these ladies, {STEPHANIE}, {CARA LOREN}, and   {HEATHER}

So there's got to be something great doing on here and I want in on it! Going to find me the cheapest brand I can:) Please enlighten me and tell me your experience if you've tried it!




I am praying that this "BIG BANG" trend never goes out of style because I love it and makes my face look much thinner!!!!!! 

LOVE ME SOME CHITTY, CHITTY, BANG, BANGS!!!!!!!



Milton Joseph Villarrubia the Fourth 

Is C*L*E*A*R*L*Y  his Father's son.

Milton the third's (my husband's) mother bought this teeny tiny violin for my husband to take lessons on when he was only 5 years old. I'm not sure it went over too well.

However, our son, at the age of 3 cannot only play it but wants to play it A LOT!!!!!! 

A little GENIUS I tell you

 but that's what every parent says I suppose:)

You know I'm always complaining I have no friends, I mean except for all of you gals and don't get me wrong you are 
V-E-R-Y real to me but lets just say I am always complaining I don't have any "real life" friends or friends I see often.

SOOOOOOO....................point being, my husband knows EVERYONE!!!!
 It's one of those things that is a curse and a blessing at the same time but it's hard not to go anywhere without him knowing at least 5 people.

He's a musician, I suppose that's just what happens! 

Again, back to my point, he has introduced me to a lovely couple who sing in a band together and recently got married and I happen to adore them. I'm not saying I'm favoring anyone, I'm just saying I happen to really enjoy these two, so I was so pleasantly surprised when sweet Heather brought me this gorgeous , humongous glass jar of Mexican Hot Cocoa!!!! 

Plus, I got to talk to an adult for 5 minuets!!! 

SCORE!!!!!!


I try REALLY, REALLY hard as a mom to make everything I possibly can from ingredients I can control. The more ingredients listed on the label, the worse it is for you in general. Processed food is just so bad for our poor little digestive systems.
So, because I love my little babies digestive systems but still want them to be able to partake in wonderful treats, I try to make everything I can from scratch. 

PLUS.......The H*U*G*E bonus, 

IT.TASTES.BETTER.TOO

So here's one of the kids all time favorite afternoon snacks!!! 


My sweet, sweet Ginger Grace is turning 2 in two weeks so we are going to have a small, intimate princess tea party for her and her cousins! 
And, well, I have a small problem not going A-L-L  O-U-T even if no one is coming so we started this project.

A 6 foot high cardboard castle with multiple wings and windows and you name it. 
She's also getting an elaborate floral tea garden:)

I know, I know but I just want her to nothing but M*A*G*I*C on her big day. 
She deserves it!!!!

So this is the very unattractive beginning stages of our castle!!!! Don't worry, when it's finished, you'll be floored.

 I promise and I'll have an AMAZING DIY!!!


Fold over end E*N*J*O*Y!!!
Never tried it? 
JUST TRUST ME!!!!!!

I've been so wrapped up in above said "castle" that I managed to burn my first ever batch of brownies. Kind of a tragedy but then I realized that you can just cut all the squares out of the middle and then they pretty much taste great and just throw the outside away! 

Don;t you just love my ridiculous wisdom for you today?

That's my life in a SNIPIT!!! 

Oh and don't forget about my *because I LOVE YOU giveaway* Seriously, you really don't want to miss this one. 

HAPPY WEEKEND LOVELIES!!!!!!!!

and don't forget, any advice on the dry shampoo?
Pin It

16 comments:

beth @ {a latte inspiration} said...

Tresemme & suave both have dry shampoo. I 99% sure Target has travel sizes of the Tresemme one. My friend likes the Tresemme and I've heard good reviews on the Suave one too. Hope this helps!

Samantha said...

Funny, I was just talking to someone else about dry shampoo. I would stay away from Suave. It seems to work ok but the smell is horrible, to me anyway. I want to try some other brands too, so I want to know what you end up with!

Tami said...

I have oily skin and it gets really bad around the root of my hair on my forehead. I cannot use dry shampoo because i break out if I don't wash my hair.

Princess house is ADORABLE! She will have the best birthday ever!

Have a good weekend!

Hanna said...

The absolute very best dry shampoo I've found and use regularly is also the cheapest...it's the Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion brand in the gold bottle. Regularly it's less than $3 and I've even found it on sale for less than $2. And trust me - it's awesome! I love it! Sometimes it doesn't have to be the most expensive to be the best!

Hanna said...

And regarding the comment above about Suave smelling bad - the one I use doesn't smell bad at all. Plus I usually have hair spray or shine that I spray over it which has more of a perfume smell...

m&msmommy said...

The castle already looks super adorable! I can't wait to see the finished product! :)

As for dry shampoo, my experience has not been a good one. I'm just not a fan! :) With that being said, I pretty much HAVE to wash my hair everyday because it's really thin, and it gets greasy (gross!) quickly. But with someone like you who has thick beautiful hair, I would guess it works really well! :)

XxxLoveIsBeautyxxX said...

very interesting post! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

XxxLoveIsBeautyxxX said...

followed you :)

Susan Liberatore said...

YOU are so hilarious! Love the brownie pic. HA.
And yes to the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo! It is the lazy girl's saving grace some days!!!

CC said...

Try tresseme from walmart. It works great and isn't expensive. :)

Mendi said...


I tried the Oscar Blandi brand because I got it free from Ulta. I'm not sure I actually use it right so I'm not sure if I can really say how it works or doesn't. Let me know how it works for you because I think I might want to give it another try.

Jen said...

I've been wanting to try dry shampoo too but haven't bought any because I hate spending money on beauty products... Please let me know what you think!

Melissa said...

The castle looks great!
and the gift of Hot Cocoa looks awesome!

Have a awesome weekend! =)

Rebekah @ Living && Learning said...

I've been using Dry Shampoo for about a year now and all I can say is I hope it never goes away!! I will die if I have to go back to more frequent washes of my hair!! (My hair is much healthier for this too!) I prefer Suave - I've tried Tresemme, but for me it sort of distorts the color of my hair at the roots so it looks like I'm going grey. I love the smell of Suave's dry shampoo! And, just to help the blowouts go farther, I put it in my hair daily, even after I've just washed it to absorb any oils that might creep up soon after.

Laura @ The Everyday Joys said...

Oo, that dry shampoo is my favorite! I've tried Tresemme's (blech - cheap, but leaves LOTS of residue).

Kristen Alexis said...

Brownies are delicious no matter how baked they are!! :) And I am so excited for you to share your big blog news! If you ever do another Vlog Q & A, I'd like to know how you built up your blog the way it is! (And with no internet for me until Feb. I've been dying to read all your past posts! :( I hope your doing well!! I'll be in touch soon!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...