Reflection



Today was Ginger's 2nd Birthday Party. She will officially be two at 3:16 am tonight. 

This is one of my favorite photos from the party!

Why? 

It has the three most important people in my life in it! 
I just want to have a little "on my heart" reflection here tonight as today was a whirlwind of chaos and emotion.

Being 8 months pregnant for the third time, I know my limitations pretty well. I know that if I don't start crafting and planning for a party like this WAY in advance I will get a horrible amount of anxiety at the last minuet and drive myself into a nervous wreck. 

So I started planning and making everything early. Sure enough there wasn't much to do this morning except set everything out and do a quick pick up. 

Perfect! 

The  kids were wild all morning with excitement! Their Grandma and cousins came and a great time was had by all. 
The party was very intimate. Sometimes, when my emotional state is a bit weakened I don't do well with entertaining large crowds so I decided to just keep it to family this year! 

I was glad. 

Emotions always run high on holidays though, it's something for me that can't really be avoided. I need to remind myself this is normal and okay. 
So after the day was done, I was left feeling a little anxiety ridden, a little lonely. My husband had to work tonight so it was just me and the kids. 

So I have been clinging to my daily devotionals and trying to reach out whenever I can. 
Gratitude for me is one of my greatest tools. I feel like when I step outside myself and feel grateful for even the simplest things, I immediately feel relieve. 

So, I just want to say how incredibly grateful I am for my family, my husband, my mother, my sister, my sister in law. Inevitably one of them ends up being a sounding board for me when I really need it. Family is so important! I need to remember that every single day! 

So tonight I will go to sleep knowing that I love and I am loved. I will go to sleep grateful and pray to wake up refreshed for a new day. 

Thank you for listening! Good Night! 

And don't worry, I have about one million photos of the party to post. I will probably get it up by Tuesday I hope! 

Blessings to all of you! 
Pin It

8 comments:

Robyn Burke said...

being an introvert I can SO relate to the anxiety and need to preplan and try to keep things under control!! I am so glad the party for Ginger Grace went so well and that your family was there and that gratitude is your talisman right now! Can't wait to see pictures. Blessings on your sweet amazing family Hanna!

Val said...

Happy Birthday Ginger!!

Heart n Soul said...

Hey There, it was so nice to come back from holidays and find your comment on my blog. Nice to meet you :)

K.Lee said...

Happy Birthday, Ginger...and you too Hanna...couldnt happen without you in the picture ;). What an blessing!

xx,
klee

kisskissbyklee.blogspot.com

melissa said...

I have experienced anxiety attacks. They aren't fun.

But on a happy note it's one of the best things in the world having supportive people in your life.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Ginger! =)

林永辉 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
林永辉 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...