ScrubinUp With the ~GIRLS~



Well.................
Saturday Afternoon I finally got a little two hour girl getaway! 

My dear friend Anna from Nursing School opened her own shop selling really hip, cute uniforms for nurses and medical workers. 

I'm so proud of her. Her shop is amazing.

So not only is she an entrepreneur, shop owner, a registered Nurse (She also works critical care like me), she has 7 kids between her and her fiance AND she's not even 30 yet!!!!

This woman is amazing!!!! 

Anyhow, We made fast friends back in nursing school. She is an absolute sweetheart and so much fun! 

If any of you are nurses or know anyone who's been through nursing school, it's quiet an "experience" if you will. It's 24/7 round the clock studying and complete immersion into the nursing world. 

The people that you start out with are the same people you stay with for YEARS at a time so by the end let's just say we all knew each other probably a little too well!!!!!!! 


Anna and I's relationship lasted  much longer than just school though. We are still great friends even tough we don't get to see each other that often. Obviously we're both just a tiny bit busy! 

Here we are at my wedding. 
(sorry, worst iTouch pic)


Here's The Front of her shop. Isn't the logo the cutest?


The inside is gorgeous! Honestly, I was blown away at what a beautiful job she did.

She's even selling my absolute favorite work and workout headbands, {BICBANDS}

For those of you who don't know I slightly obsessively run a million miles a week when I'm not pregnant and I am obsessed (read about it HERE) with Sandy's Bicbands I also wear them every single day to work as a nurse. SO I was so excited to see a handmade, small business being represented here too. 


CHEERS to great partnerships ladies!!!!


I showed up a little early so I could visit with her before everyone showed up and another of our dear friends from nursing school Nicole came too!!!! 

She is also a nurse and a mother of two but she went on to get her bachelors, masters and  then become a nursing midwife and she's not 30 yet either!!!! 

SHEESH!!!!!! 

I guess us nurses tend to pretty much all fall into the TYPE A personality category!!!!! 

We like to get stuff done!!!!


I made Anna play model for me so I could get a few nice shots of her and her gorgeous new shop!!!!! 


KYLE!!!

This is Anna's Fiance. He has been the encouragement behind this dream and project for her. 

They are an adorable couple and so happy together!!! 


She had a beautiful spread with champagne , wine, soft drinks and horderves for her grand opening celebration! 

It was LOVELY!!!!!! 


Mainly, I was so grateful to get a couple hours away; a couple hours to visit and chat about 
anything and nothing.

It really is so important, especially for moms who stay at home and don't get out of the house often. 

I think it makes us better mothers. Actually I know it does!!!!

I had a wonderful time and am so grateful to my hubby for watching the kids for me!!!!! 

You can find Anna's Facebook page {HERE} and her online shop will be up soon.

So guess what that means????

You got it!!!! You'll be getting a giveaway from one of my best friends! Maybe a gift card? Maybe some shoes? Trust me, you won't be sad about it!!

How cool is that? 
STAY TUNED FOR THAT!!!!!!!!

GRATEFUL TODAY!!!!!!!!



ONE LAST THING!!! 
Don't forget to enter my Because *I Love You* Giveaway. It ends in a couple days AND I wrote a post from my heart on Friday that I'd love your feedback on if you missed it!
Pin It

11 comments:

Susan said...

So great!
And I'm so glad you got some much needed girl time girl!!

Christin Theiss said...

congrats to your friend, the shop does look great! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award over at my blog. You can come pick up your award here
http://lovinjosiah87.blogspot.com/2013/01/this-weekend-i-award.html

<3 Christin

Donna said...

Wow....I'm majorly impressed!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

It's amazing how friends stick with you over the years and it's funny at least for me looking back at the pictures because I think to myself- I can't believe I did that with my hair or I wore that sort of outfit.

Claire Davis said...

Beautiful pictures!! I love to run too, I ran my first marathon 2 years ago and have since stuck to half marathons. Maybe someday I'll get up the courage to run a full one again :) it kicked my butt!

Catriona @ Precious Impressions said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog. Your friend's shop looks amazing. Congrats to he on achieving so much at such a young age. I look forward to reading more.
Catriona
xx

Julia Gibson said...

What a cute store! Looks like a lot of fun to shop in! I am absolutely loving the logo! Too cool!

Julia @ Mom on the Run x2

Sara said...

great post! its always nice to look back at memories!

http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

Lauren said...

Hey chickie, I love this cute shop!! What a fun time. yes we r still swapping. It goes up again in a couple days!! <3 <3

Dara said...

very cool looking shop! your friend sounds amazing - she does so much!

Melissa said...

Im glad you had a great time!

Your friends shop looks awesome!

Great photos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...